“Very impressed”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 01253 884855
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Espanol last night for a meal with my husband. The food was absolutely delicious. We like Tapas for the fact that each dish is brought out separately so you can enjoy the different tastes before the next dish arrives shortly after. We ordered 6 dishes between us which gave us plenty of food.The ambiance of Espanol is cosy and the waiters are very efficient. We will definitely return and would recommend to friends.

1  Thank linzi31

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Once again another very enjoyable evening at Espanol. Good food, efficient and courteous staff and spotlessly clean surroundings.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Good atmosphere, excellent food, lively staff. Brings a bit of sunshine with it. Not an easy place to run but very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Eaten her 3 or 4 times and really enjoyed it in the past but we were very disappointed this time. The prices seem to have shot up, I remember first going there and the bill was so cheap but now we noticed how expensive it was. The food was really nice, had tapas to start and then paella for the main.

We ordered a bottle of cava which is £19.50 a bottle so not cheap, very annoyed to see the label was Morrisons own cava which I'm guessing costs around £5, so we felt pretty ripped off. We all know restaurants buy their wine cheaper than they sell it, but to have a the cheek to sell a supermarkets own for nearly £20, i feel the waiter should of brought it over wearing a balaclava!!

Now the prices have gone up considerably I would think twice before booking here again, plus I'm still miffed about the cava.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Eaten here a couple of times before and eat again recently.

Food is basic and well cooked. Tapa's is consistant but anything else (steak etc) they seem to struggle with.

They also never have the wine on the wine list but then you get the classic "I sell you very very good Faustino at very good price". FYI £50 for a bottle of £11 wine is not exactly a very good price.

I had been told that the place has an odd layout and it certainly is! The toilets are part of an office up a big flight of stairs. I am not disabled but if you are DO NOT GO HERE or you will be disapointed.

I can see that they are small but I usually expect a bathroom in the restaurant - not on another floor belonging to some offices!