“Amazing Food”

The Seven Stars Hotel
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Live down the road from here , and I think its amazing , great value for money , steaks , fajitas , and the pizza are Class , you could be in italian , steak house you name it , they really got it. will be going all the time , :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJH981

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Myself, husband and 2 young girls visited here in August 2012. We stayed for the one night on our annual trip to Blackpool, as a change from staying in Blackpool town.
From the first sight of the public house from the village it is situated in. The setting is lovely and makes a lovely drive into Blackpool town centre.
We dined in that night as sampled the superb Black Rock Grill. This is not to be missed, it is served on a very hot rock and cooked to your liking by yourself. The girls enjoyed a homemade pizza and chicken nuggets cooked by Rick, who is a very dedicated pub owner and chef.
The pub area itself is very cosy and welcoming and the locals are very happy to have any new visitors there, including small children.
The rooms again are home from home and suitable for children too. Very clean and tidy.
Breakfast is served in the upstairs dining area and as our evening meal was, was everything you needed to set you up for the day.
We liked it that much we stayed again in September and will definitely be going back again in 2013...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank VickiOldroyd1981
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We visited the Seven Stars in December 2012 for a family birthday. The staff made us feel instantly welcome from the start. As there was a considerable number of us (and all eating) we were offered the room upstairs which we absolutely loved. They had put out candles, twinkly lights, we had a bar to ourselves, a spacious dining table and a seating area. The chap running the Seven Stars popped back every few minutes to see if we needed anything and the young blonde girl waitressing was helpful and friendly (as ever.)
The food was unbelievable and such great value for money. We all had the Black Rock Steak which is just brilliant - and not available anywhere else I can think of. It did get a bit smoky in the room but that was only to be expected!! Unavoidable really!!!
I speak for all of us when I say it was a brilliant night and we were certainly be back!!!

Room Tip: Definitely worth a trip!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol276
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I would just like to say my visit to The Seven Stars was so comfortable and the staff couldnt do enough to make my stay something to remember it was my niece Stasy and Mick who did the booking for me as Rick is a friend of theres.
I had the Black Rock menu which was wonderful and it comes out on the hot Rock then you cook it how you want it,i do hope that i get the chance to stay there again and would like to say hoope all goes well Rick you were such a good host.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maureen22yorkshire
Reviewed 26 November 2012

food was amazing when we ate, there was a group of 10 of us so varied meals were ordered, i have the pizza and it was a lot better than most Italian pizzeria's i have eaten at, my husband had the sirloin steak on a black rock and it was delicious, i tried a bit as never tried one before, he said it was great to be able to cook as you like it, my brother and sister in law had Calzone pizza and said it was the best they had tasted after trying at various other restaurants, my niece who is 6 also had a pizza which was homemade and came with chip's she also got ice cream in with the price of her meal which she was very happy about, my aunty had a chicken korma which came with rice, home made naan bread and poppadoms and she said it was lovely..all in all a very good meal for us all, i would definitely recommend you try the black rock, all the food was great and the staff very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere was very nice and also had a real fire burning which was lovely...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank staceben1
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We visited here tonight with our friends having taken advantage of a Dealmonster offer. We shared starters of nachos and freshly cooked garlic bread. Service was quite slow but we didn't mind. We all chose mains from the Black Rock menu, the fish platter came with 3 generous cuts of different fish. The gammon wasn't the usual 'horseshoe' shaped steak but a thick slab which was quite worrying at first as you have to cook it yourself on the hot rock but after slicing into cubes it cooked perfectly well. I had fillet steak which as I enjoy it rare, I was able to make sure it didn't over cook. The appeal of the volcanic rock is that it's healthier as the meat's cooked without oil. However, when fish is left in contact for too long it just sticks and burns. This could be improved if the plates came with a space to rest your food once it's cooked to your liking. I managed to juggle my steak around my roasted vegetables and chips but it made things a bit tricky, especially after a glass or two of wine!
We didn't have desserts as we were very full but having a sweet tooth, there were a few tempting titles on the blackboards which I'd fancy trying on another visit.
The waitress was friendly and resolved our issue with the bill without any trouble.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slap_n_Tickle37
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Went on a Deal monster coupon for the Black Rock Menu and I agree it was like an episode off Faulty Towers for us as well. Our order was taken and then 30 minutes later we were informed that they had run out of Diane Sauce (obviously a packet sauce then). 15 minutes after that the waitress apologised becuase the chef had not noticed we had ordered Nacho's to share. 5 minutes after that she came back to inform us they had run out of Nacho's. I wanted to leave at this pint but we stayed as they offered us another starter for free. The main course was basically a cook it yourself steak or in my case salmon on a gridle - loads of smoke but no flavour! i order salmon with chilli and lime which consisted of some chooped chilli on the salmon and a slice of lime on top of the foil it came in - very disappointing. Will not be going again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 mi away
Breck Poulton-le-Fylde
Breck Poulton-le-Fylde
#1 of 5 in Poulton Le Fylde

Been to The Seven Stars Hotel? Share your experiences!