“Lovely venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morval
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We enjoyed a short break in March, the rooms were a good size very clean and all facilities you would expect, great hosts, can give plenty of ideas on where to visit! Excellent breakfasts and morning banters with either Karen or Stuart. No problem when we realised we had only booked two nights all was checked and we were able to stay another night. The restaurant is run separately by the Chef and although they had only been up and running a few weeks, very friendly with lovely fresh food. An excellent stay and would certainly recommend to family and friends and will be going back!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Morval, England
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Still here at time of writing... Best possible customer service. Everything clean and well maintained. Limited bar but go out of their way to make it an enjoyable stay. They also have an excellent chef and do a good breakfast cooked to order the way you like it.

• Stayed May 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent 2 day stay made perfect by the owners giving advice and tips on the local area. Very supportive of early entry to the room / Thanks for a superb breakfast set us up for the day. Enjoy your short break after the Easter holidays

Room Tip: Garden room had fabulous views and plenty of room to relax after visiting local areas during the day...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retired635
United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

What a great friendly family run business... Clean.. Crisp white bedding...Up to date.. Quality... Excellent breakfast..faultless in our eyes. WE WILL BE GOING BACK!!! Karen and mum Anne couldn't do enough for you. Great set up. Also in the restaurant ..again run by another lovely lovely couple chef and bar manager team...excellent food...fab Curry.!!! They Deserve to do well.

Room Tip: We had number 9... No great outlook but very conveniently positioned for your car. Possibly better...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley F
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was looking for a place to stay with my mum for the weekend in November and what a good choice Karen and Stewart excellent hosts . The room was lovely and spotless ,As the restaurant was closed at that time we went which we did know on booking l asked if we could have a snack in our room which Karen brought to us nothing was too much trouble .
Breakfast was lovely cooked by Stewart and Karen is lovely and chatty with a wicked sense of humour .I have booked to go back Valentines weekend with my partner the hotel is close to Looe
and Polperro .Parking no problem looking forward to going back .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nikki_inglis1605
Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We arrived at the quiet time of the year, November, and Karen and Stewart (the owners) were very warm and welcoming, and spent alot of time telling us of the sites to visit.
Our room was warm, cosy and quiet. It had all the usual amenities and our room was decorated to a very high standard.
We found the Snooty Fox to be a good base from which to visit places like Looe, Polperro, Plymouth, Jamaica Inn, Trago Mills, and north coast towns are in easy reach such as Boscastle and Padstow, etc.
There was no problem with parking when we were there, and I believe during the summer when it is fully open it would also be a good place for an evening meal.
We had good breakfasts, the menu options were varied to accomodate most, if not all tastes.
For us it was sad to leave and will make plans to visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PJHADLOW
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

snooty fox Inn the name said to all, I booked this hotel on the web site, I called before hand to arrange a late night check inn the man I spoke to was lovely but asked me to call back to see what room number I would be in. On the web site it reads dogs accepted. Following this I called after making my booking to check the room no I also informed them off my little dog I was passed over to a lady by the name of Karen so rude. She told me they only have one room that accepts dogs and that's taken I could pay £15 for the cleaning of the room. I thought this was unacceptable as on web site polices it did not state this she was horrible nasty and made me feel like I she was doing me a favour not me bringing business to her. She ignored my call to try and cancel my booking lucky I went through evilivo who where so helpful and cancelled my booking. After reading some of the reviews wish I had not have booked to start with. Service goes a long way do not be fooled by the pretty pictures.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank ChristinaGlover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morval
Fieldhead Hotel
Hannafore Point Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
#2 of 2 in Polperro

Been to The Snooty Fox? Share your experiences!