“A great two day break at the Snooty Fox”
Review of The Snooty Fox

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morval
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A great two day break at the Snooty Fox”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a lovely room (recently decorated) and very comfortable, a good choice for breakfast and a very pleasant short trip into Looe with its massive car park. We also had a very substantial evening meal in the restaurant. We certainly hope to return .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped off at The snooty fox yesterday for a quick bite to eat .The staff were very helpful and the food was delicious .
We will definitely be stopping by again next time we are in the area . Plenty of food with the surf and turf and my husband a big eater couldn't finish his meal as plenty of food on the plates .I had a barbq chicken with melted cheese and salad and very tasty it was to ..yummylicious !!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lornsy46
Finchampstead
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a flying visit and we booked the Snooty Fox because because our preferred hotel was full.
We called to warn that we would be arriving late evening to be told that 9 o'clock was the latest time to pick up a key. In the end the key was left in our room which turned out to be spacious clean and comfortable, over-decorated in a country cottage style.
The promised free wifi worked well and there were sofas as well to make the room into a junior suite.
The bathroom was freshly decorated and everything was clean and nice. The power shower required patience but was sufficient.
The rate include breakfast and this was perfectly OK (scrambled egg on toast was fab) but the breakfast restaurant was only open between 8.30 and 9.30 am.

Room Tip: Room 10 seemed bigger than the others and had a double aspect.
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

3 days i stopped there. the staff and the chef was more helpful than anything else. the politeness of the staff was very good the food was outstanding i would recommend it to people to try the food at the den.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bristol
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was: clean, warm, comfortable and twin beds good. Breakfast was good and served by chirpy and helpful staff. Website mentioned "complimentary toiletries" which turned out to be two pump dispensers of hand wash - one in the shower and one on the washbasin. The towels were threadbare. We booked a table on our first night at the Den Restaurant which was just about the worst meal I have ever had. I ordered "trio of minted lamb chops with spring onion mash" and vegetables. We waited an hour for the food and the lamb chops were black and my knife would not cut into them. I sent them back and ordered the ravioli/salad. I couldn't eat this either as the ravioli was not served in a sauce and just placed on top of the salad (a very dry meal). I asked for salad dressing which they were not able to provide and I went to my room and ate a banana, satsuma and piece of cake - very disappointing evening. When I tried to pay the bill for our three day stay after breakfast they seemed under staffed and said they were too busy to take my money but we needed to get on the road so I returned 15 minutes later to try to pay again and ended up offering to pay electronically at home.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is the best the Snooty Fox has ever been and wow! it has changed ownership so many times! I have lost count!
However a really pleasant experience - excellent food. Service by young members of the family was not the best - they need training - especially in removing dirty glasses from the table ( a common fault in restaurants throughout the UK - I am afraid to say). They were a bit timid - but in time they will relax and get better. The toilets were the cleanest I have ever seen and keep it up - well done.
A little light background music (jazz, latin romantic etc ) would add the final touch. Definitely returning. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frantic04
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I went to the Snooty fox for the first time along with my wife on Wednesday 8th May, I had read previous mixed reviews but thought we'd give it a try and we're so glad we did. The place has new management for the pub/eating area etc downstairs with separate ownership of the B&B to the upstairs, we were greeted by very friendly man & wife team who stated they had only been there since February 2014. It was very clean & accommodating with good spaces to tables with what looked like a log-fire for winter months. Everything looked clean & tidy with all tables nicely laid up. We had some home made fish & chips (the best & largest haddock I have seen), it was delicious.We were asked on a couple of occasions 'is everything ok', it certainly was. The menu was very adequate with something for everyone at fair prices, the staff were also very friendly. the toilets were also very very clean with the fresh smell of being well sanitised, very impressed! All in all a very good experience, nice people, good wholesome food at a good price, will definitely be going back again with family/friends etc to dine. Had never heard of this place but it's a lovely drive into the countryside, all in all.....Excellent & well done the new management team! Roger & Jan, Saltash, Cornwall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morval
Fieldhead Hotel
Hannafore Point Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
The Claremont Hotel
#2 of 2 in Polperro

Been to The Snooty Fox? Share your experiences!