The Snooty Fox
Good 3.5/5
Pencubitt House(Liskeard)
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssnooty foxnice roomthe ground floortwo nightscooked breakfastmain roadgood sizefull englishsense of humourwould stay againtea and coffee making facilitieshotel restaurantstayed here for one nighthome from homeout of seasonwelcome packlovely place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a lovely room (recently decorated) and very comfortable, a good choice for breakfast and a very pleasant short trip into Looe with its massive car park. We also had a very substantial evening meal in the restaurant. We certainly hope to return .

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stopped off at The snooty fox yesterday for a quick bite to eat .The staff were very helpful and the food was delicious .
We will definitely be stopping by again next time we are in the area . Plenty of food with the surf and turf and my husband a big eater couldn't finish his meal as plenty of food on the plates .I had a barbq chicken with melted cheese and salad and very tasty it was to ..yummylicious !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lornsy46
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a flying visit and we booked the Snooty Fox because because our preferred hotel was full.
We called to warn that we would be arriving late evening to be told that 9 o'clock was the latest time to pick up a key. In the end the key was left in our room which turned out to be spacious clean and comfortable, over-decorated in a country cottage style.
The promised free wifi worked well and there were sofas as well to make the room into a junior suite.
The bathroom was freshly decorated and everything was clean and nice. The power shower required patience but was sufficient.
The rate include breakfast and this was perfectly OK (scrambled egg on toast was fab) but the breakfast restaurant was only open between 8.30 and 9.30 am.

Room Tip: Room 10 seemed bigger than the others and had a double aspect.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

3 days i stopped there. the staff and the chef was more helpful than anything else. the politeness of the staff was very good the food was outstanding i would recommend it to people to try the food at the den.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was: clean, warm, comfortable and twin beds good. Breakfast was good and served by chirpy and helpful staff. Website mentioned "complimentary toiletries" which turned out to be two pump dispensers of hand wash - one in the shower and one on the washbasin. The towels were threadbare. We booked a table on our first night at the Den Restaurant which was just about the worst meal I have ever had. I ordered "trio of minted lamb chops with spring onion mash" and vegetables. We waited an hour for the food and the lamb chops were black and my knife would not cut into them. I sent them back and ordered the ravioli/salad. I couldn't eat this either as the ravioli was not served in a sauce and just placed on top of the salad (a very dry meal). I asked for salad dressing which they were not able to provide and I went to my room and ate a banana, satsuma and piece of cake - very disappointing evening. When I tried to pay the bill for our three day stay after breakfast they seemed under staffed and said they were too busy to take my money but we needed to get on the road so I returned 15 minutes later to try to pay again and ended up offering to pay electronically at home.