“Our Stay Was Fine”
Review of The Snooty Fox

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morval
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our stay was fine in room 13, but I can understand comments from people with noisy neighbours.
Yes the walls could have been soundproofed when built at little cost. Luckily our neighbours were quiet but we could still hear them.
Having said that, the room was comfy clean, and had a nice view. The breakfast was good with a good choice. Location is fine as a base just 3 miles from Looe and Liskeard.
We stayed for 3 nights and had dinner in the restaurant on the last night. The meal was very good.This side of the business is run by other people.
All in all we enjoyed our stay, but like anywhere, if you get the wrong people next door your opinion changes

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lakesideboy

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

After our second visit to the snooty fox nothing has changed it is still an excellent place to stay so clean and homely the staff and owners make you feel so welcome nothing is too much trouble, will definitely go back again 5⭐️ the location is perfect for sight seeing or just relaxing. The restaurant serves top quality food I would certainly recommend to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank David E
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice in appearances and is in a good location close to looe making it a good base to have.
Unfortunately our stay there could have been improved by some pretty basic things.
Firstly our first night there wasn't too peaceful as the rooms next to us were up late drinking and the walls are paper thin. We could hear the adjacent rooms as if they were in the room with us. Even people going to the bathroom which isn't the most pleasant lullaby! the other night weren't as bad but again the walls were thin enough to hear all.
Our other problem was that the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all. The towels which were left on the floor to be changed. Were simply hung back up on the rail. This was over three nights! And the sink remained untouched as toothpaste and hair etc remained with seemingly no attempt at all to clean.
Lastly the bar seemed to be closed from quite early on in the evening on some occasions which when running this type of establishment seems to leave only the rooms for guests to spend time in.
I think most of these issues are very simple to rectify and it is unfortunate that they are overlooked. It wouldn't take much to bring this place up to a good standard.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

where do I start, I booked up through booking.com for a two night stay using the dog friendly addition on the website, when we arrived after a six hour journey we were told in no uncertain terms that we could not stay because we had a dog, I explained to the rather uncourteous gentlemen that we had gone through the dog friendly link on the website, he said that they only have one room out of the dozen or so rooms that they allow dogs and that was already taken, so basically tough, he said that the owner would contact us on the Monday, I mistakenly took that as us having to wait for a refund until then, how foolish was I, that was the time they needed to take the full balance out of my account, be warned the gentleman at the reception gave us the impression that it would be refunded, perhaps to get us offsite so the snooty fox can rob us of the rest of the money, I can only assume that this bluff was to stop me contacting my bank and stopping the money coming out, I was given no phone call from the snooty fox and the only response I have had is a disgraceful attempt by the lady responsible trying to lay the blame on me for not reading the small print, there was no where on the booking.com website that allowed me to request a dog prior to confirming my booking and given that this was through a dog friendly link I did not forsee any problem, I do expect that this review will receive a rebuttal from the lady in question and I will leave it to your own discretion as to whose opinion you believe, she has responded to me several times saying that I should have contacted her direct to confirm availability, I pointed out that if I did what would be the point of the booking.com site, but she seems adamant that that is what we should have done, makes no sense does it, perhaps she will use a rebuttal to explain herself and to why they did not try and help us in our situation , for at no point did they try and help us in our distressing situation once we had arrived, not that it matters but the dog in question is a minature Yorkshire terrier that sleeps in her cage and would not have been left alone at any time, I have noticed that there are quite a lot of negative reviews to this accommodation, I urge any readers of this to read the other ones as well, may I also suggest if anybody requires accommodation in this area that the use the Bridgeside guest house in Looe itself 01503263113, they were delightful and very helpful, they are dog friendly and very reasonable with a delightful breakfast that sets you up for the day, that means they allow dogs in all their rooms, snooty fox take note, I would like to be able to review the snooty fox further to see how the rest of its service measures up, but as I said we never got any further than the reception, so all in all after being £127.00 out of pocket,i may suggest that any travellers coming down to this part of the country should look else where ,if in doubt just look at all the other reviews, be warned people don't take the risk, there are lots of other far better places available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
43  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I can't fault the stay we've just had at The Snooty Fox. Reasonably priced for peak season in Cornwall.
Our room (12) was just what we needed. It was bright, comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated & furnished.
It is just a few minutes drive from Looe so is the perfect base.
The staff couldn't do enough for us. There were many things to choose for breakfast, I can recommend the Full English, it was gorgeous, and there was plenty of it.
No faults whatsoever.
Will definitely visit again!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was nice. The service however was fairly lousy and the waitresses seemed to care more about chatting behind the bar than paying attention to the needs of the customer. It also struck me as fairly expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Blake P
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at The Snooty Fox with my partner and parents for 3 nights in June. We were in Room 10 which was a lovely size with a sofa and 2 armchairs. my parents room was room 9 which was next door and slightly smaller but still a very nice room. Both rooms were beautifully decorated with some lovely individual touches and they were spotlessly clean. The breakfast was tasty and enough for me but not for people with big appetites. All the staff were very polite and friendly and service of breakfast was efficient.
My only gripes from our stay were that the showers were very temperamental but there were signs in the bathrooms to say they were experiencing problems with pressure as a result of a water leak which the Water Board were dealing with. The towels were also a bit thin and I would say due for replacement and the bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept in in my life! The housekeeping was also a bit hit and miss (our towels weren't changed at all throughout our stay and I didn't think they had been in at all until I noticed the bin had been emptied on day 3!).

Room Tip: Room 10 was a good size