Priceline
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2022

Avoid. Booked a superior double bed but was given the wrong room. Spoke to the owner over the phone about this but the conversation quickly descended to the owner hurling abuse at me, calling me a 'freebie', questioning my 'line of work', and saying I'm rude and patronising. Irony. How does that have anything to do with the room? It's a classic overly defensive strategy (indeed logically fallacious one) to attempt to overthrow one's complaint. She made ad hominem and red herring arguments to redirect from the current problem. And her tone was derogatory. Because I brought up refund/compensation, and because I didn't accept with complete directness her initial objections to my complaint, she turned against me. This place takes zero accountability for any wrong. The business needs to listen to the negative feedback because my complaint is very like other comments.

Regarding the room itself, it was clean and spacious, but the shower was either scolding hot or cold. And there is a £30 charge if you move any furniture.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 3 August 2021

I booked a surprise overnight stay here. Absolutely smashing place.

The room was spotless with two comfy chairs in and a lush bed - we slept like babies!

There was a large bathroom and wardrobe space. The proprietors have obviously put thought into the room layout.

It was the perfect place to base yourself and go off.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 15 July 2021

Stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 nights at the end of June last month, we got room number 11. Lovely little place with all the facilities we needed (except a fridge although this was no bother to us). No signs of damp in the room at all on the contrary to a few bad reviews I had read. Everything was lovely and clean. They even have free WiFi! The keys were left in our room shortly before our arrival so we could let ourselves in and head out once we were ready. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Tea and coffee were filled and bins were emptied each day whilst we were out along with fresh towels free of charge:) Non-decaff coffee provided in the rooms would be the only thing that could of made this place better!! Perfect for anyone who drives wishing to stay near Looe as the town centre is a little far from the hotel. We were given a few contact numbers in case we had any issues but couldn't find a fault with the place. Would recommend a short stay 100%.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank abbiwillixms
Reviewed 5 July 2021

Pulled up in car, took photo and left!!! Didn’t even bother to check in.

My son is disabled! There was no way he was staying in a run down, damp ridden (the outside walls have black patches) derelict hovel that charging over the top prices!!!

Disgraceful

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank G9552NHkarend
Reviewed 18 June 2021

I booked a 3 night stay for my boyfriend and I last week on Booking.com. Was very concerned afterwards when i read all of the negative reviews on here but turns out we had nothing to worry about!

The outside of the hotel is in need of tlc and a car is a must for the rural location.

However, we stayed in Room 8 which is part of a row of ground floor rooms. The interior is beautifully decorated, spotless, and comfortable. All that was missing was a fridge!

We really enjoyed our stay and would return.
The only weird thing is that we saw no staff the whole time. Communication was done via phone but during covid a contactless check-in is preferable.

If you have a car then this is a nice place for a comfy stay for a couple.

Date of stay: June 2021