The Lugger Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Nare(Veryan in Roseland)
Driftwood Hotel(Rosevine)
The Rosevine(Rosevine)
View Hotel
The Llawnroc Hotel(Gorran Haven)
Tremarne Hotel(Mevagissey)
The Idle Rocks(St Mawes)
View Hotel
All reviewshot chocolatelittle touchesjourney homefishing boatsweather forecastthe main hotelcoastal pathturn down servicesmall hotelbottled watereggs benedictbiscuitscar parksmall harbourcornish fishing villageboth nightscakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Boutique not grand.
I found the staff welcoming and helpful and the dinner very good indeed. To be objective I have had better cooked breakfasts but really that is trivial compared with the overall impression
The bedroom was very comfortable and extremely tastefully decorated as was the rest of the hotel.
The views from the restaurant are wonderful

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I stayed here with my husband and yong baby and found the staff very polite and helpful. The room was very comfortable with a lovely terrace. It was very clean and fresh feeling.
The hotel is tucked away in a small village so a car is a must. I was that I was hoping to use the spa but it was only when we cheked into our room were we informed via a letter that it was closed. I would have preferred to have been told when we booked (2 days earlier) as that was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The food I thought was expensive for Cornwall. The prices were up there with good-top London restaurants. It was however edible!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank PoppyTT
Reviewed 17 July 2009

My wife and I had lunch here today with a view to booking a weekend stay later in the month. We'll be staying somewhere else. The three course lunch, whilst not particularly expensive at £17/head, was poor. Bland starters, the main was overcooked duck breast swimming in a not particularly pleasant sauce and very average crème brulées. I mentioned to the disinterested waitress that the duck was overcooked but I suspect this was not passed on to the chef. The bill, when it came, was for three set lunches. There were only two of us and, more to the point, we were the only two people in the restaurant. I can easily imagine what a shambles this place would be on a busy day - if they ever have them. I asked to see the manager and someone in a crumpled shirt turned up saying that he was the assistant manager. He was slightly less disinterested than the waitress but I didn't feel that he really cared much. I can't comment on the accomodation but this very lacklustre experience has put me off shelling out over £200 a night.

Ate here two years ago and it was fantastic - not sure where it all went wrong

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kernowboy
OHIML, General Manager at The Lugger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinions on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to hear that your expectations were not met during you recent lunch at the Lugger. We take guests' opinions very seriously and all members of the restaurant have been spoken with to ensure a smoother opertaion.

You will see that other reviews in recent weeks have been outstanding and the level of guest complaints we actually receive are very low. I hope that during your next visit to Cornwall, you will consider a visit to the Lugger.

Reviewed 7 July 2009

It's always difficult when you're going away to somewhere when you have read negative feedback - like some of the comments on TripAdvisor. However having just spent a weekend there I can thoroughly recommend The Lugger. Situated in a very pretty Cornish fishing village - where everyone is doing their bit to win the Best Kept Village trophy again, the hotel is a delight. The staff (particular mention should go to the Manager) go out of their way to make the experience enjoyable. The food is very good, the service excellent and the nightwatchman intriguing!

If you like boutique holidays (and know what they are about) I think some reviewers don't! you hopefully will enjoy a stay here. It's in a beautiful place and Cornwall has so much to offer. Visit and enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2009

This is a small hotel, with excellent service, a calm and serene atmosphere and the most lovely setting. The food was outstanding, the room lovely, and little touches made this stay all the more enjoyable. The staff were friendly and helpful and the village is delightful. A nearby pub offers an alternative simple menu for dinner and if you go to this part of Cornwall stay here and just do not miss out on a trip to the Eden Project!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple