After all the good reviews, maybe I was expecting too much. My room was a superior but disappointing. It was away from the main hotel with drab furnishings in need of updating.
The room was cold even though the radiator was on and faced the road so aware of traffic.
I found the restaurant prices equivalent to London prices. I only wanted the main course and all main courses were £20! I cancelled my booking and went down the road to a pub with a carvery.... lovely and less than half the price. Breakfast was fine but with no fresh fruit just tinned grapefruit and prunes, not exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1745 this lovely building still retains its charm with its original stone floors and converted courthouse on the first floor. Now a comfortable hotel located close to Padstow & Fowey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Trehellas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trehellas House Hotel Washaway
- Trehellas Hotel Bodmin
- Trehellas House Bodmin/Washaway, Cornwall