We felt the least we could do after receiving such wonderful service was to let others know what a wonderful experience we'd had at Trehellas. We held our wedding reception there, so for 2 days the whole place was taken over by myself and my husband and our guests. The service provided started long before this with meetings with Debra the owner in which we sorted out all the details. She was excellent, she really knew her stuff and helped guide us through all the options, giving us lots of time to decide what we wanted. Nothing ever seemed like too much trouble and she always made herself available to us to discuss any queries. When we arrived at the hotel on the friday everything was beautifully clean and all the guests could not praise their rooms highly enough. Although the swimming pool was not open when we arrived, it was no trouble at all to take the cover off for us to have a dip. Even though they had evening guests in, they were quite happy for us to set up our decorations for the next day. On the day of the wedding the brilliant service continued, myself and the bridesmaids had to leave early in the morning to have our hair done and an early breakfast was supplied.(although this was not cooked, there was an aray of cereals, nuts, fruit, yogurt, juice, teas and coffees and toast) When we arrived back from the church everything had been set up as we'd requested. The young waiting staff were very polite and professional and the meal was served with haste and was very tasty (so tasty in fact that my husband and I didnt eat any of the amazing evening buffet that was laid out, although again our guests commented on how fantastic the food was. Just to show the kind of people that run this hotel we were amazed to recieve a lot of money back at the end of our stay. We had agreed to pay for one drink for each guest in the evening, luckily our guests did not take advantage of this, but neither did the hotel. Also to ensure there was no wasted food at the end of the evening the hotel catered for less people and again as a consequence we recieved money back (this did not however mean people went hungry as a huge supply of food was still served!) On the Sunday morning we had a cooked breakfast which was yet again wonderful. We cannot fault anything about the hotel or the service, they really helped to make our special day even more special and I cannot reccomend them highly enough to people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1745 this lovely building still retains its charm with its original stone floors and converted courthouse on the first floor. Now a comfortable hotel located close to Padstow & Fowey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Trehellas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trehellas House Hotel Washaway
- Trehellas Hotel Bodmin
- Trehellas House Bodmin/Washaway, Cornwall