“even better than before!”
Review of The Red Lion Hotel

The Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Radlett
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion is a traditional pub located on the high Street of lovely Radlett Village, Hertfordshire. Offering a fresh, seasonal menu in a classic pub environment with a separate dining room for special occasions and romantic meals. We also cater for larger groups and functions.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had visited earlier last year with family and enjoyed a superb meal. This visit was even better! They have recently renovated the old dining space to a modern and relaxing restaurant and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals my wife and i have had in a long time. A really great menu, perhaps a little shorter than other places in the area but this is no bad thing - the quality of the meal more than made up for this. We're really looking forward to visiting again and trying some of the Wobbly Bottom cheeses! Recommended!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Me and my partner came for dinner on saturday 22nd feb 2014, and our whole experience from start to finish was an excellent and memorable night we've had in a long time. we were greeted by the host who look after us and took our coats and took us to our table. we both hand the scallops to start followed by fillet steak and the pigeon for main. both dishes were executed with great precision and full of flavor.
We then ended with their signature dessert " apple tart tatin " again amazing.
We both felt that the price for the whole meal was very reasonable with lots of choice on the menu, ranging from classic to a more fine dining approach.
So to summarise, great food, very friendly and helpful staff, very clean and stylish restaurant .
We definitely recommend the red lion, and we are looking forward to our return.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.
The pub itself is shabby and dated not the best place for a drink.
The dining area has been refurbished to a very nice standard.
I'm not sure why the bar area hasn't been updated.
I've eaten in there twice over the past few months and I can honestly say the food is pukka.
Personally my wife and I cannot fault it.
Very very good munch.
Best pub food I've ever had.
It's not cheap but it's worth every penny.
Highly recommend.
See you soon Red Lion
Big hello to Victoria the Waitress.

Bubalah.

1  Thank Bubalah
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

The food and beer in this pub is excellent. The burger is pretty much the best pub burger I've ever had and the Youngs Ale hits the spot and is obviously well looked after. Friendly staff. Free WiFi. What more could you want on a lazy weekend.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Lovely night out with friends, The service was superb & the food simply delicious. The portions seem small but after eating them, you realise that quantity is not quality! The food is so deliciously rich that less is most certainly more. I had the scallops followed by the slow roasted belly pork & then the cheese board...more than enough to share & i can honestly say that it was one of those meals you remember & think about often. I will most certainly return & will bring others to sample the culinary delights. Since the refurbishment the restaurant has most certainly upped it's game. It has a lovely country cottage atmosphere, more akin to eating in the company of friends in a luxuriously converted inn than a chain run hotel.