“A Family Gem - worth a visit”
Review of Isot Restaurant

Isot Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Radlett
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Turned up mid-week on the spur of the moment whilst staying locally on family business . Very impressed - restaurant was nicely full , nice chatty atmosphere - service was quick , appropriately attentive and the food was nicely flavoured and generous portion .
At the time my comment was 'Simple food , well cooked ' , I would not hesitate to return .
We had 2 starters , 2 mains , 2 beers and a house red and the bill was £44 (£50 with tip ) . The two lads who served us were obviously family and were a credit !

There are newer reviews for Isot Restaurant

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Sometimes it is too easy to get caught up with ambience, sommeliers and views and in a manner forget the food but isn't this what the experience is ultimately about. Isot is all about the food, we have eaten here twice and both times it has been of the highest quality. The lamb and chicken shish, so often relegated to a polystyrene container for post pub grub is instead here cooked perfectly and served with rice and salad. It is a rarity for everyday meat to be cooked perfectly and it is a welcome find. Little touches such as homemade bread and chilli sauce only add to the experience as a whole.
The restaurant itself is basic and the service is haphazard (I doubt if more than four of you went in, you would get exactly what you ordered) but this tends to add to the experience. I can almost hear the old Turkish mother / mother in the kitchen barking up orders. Lunch is a very reasonable £8.95 for two courses and dinner no more than £16 a head with wine. In the words of a well known Austrian body builder...........I will be back.

1  Thank onebadhatharry1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Probably not a great day to base an opinion on a restaurant. But 7 of us visited this restaurant on fathers day. We had arranged that the set lunch menu was available when booking. When we arrived we were not offered the set Lunch Menu, although we were within the time frame for this to be offered. I enquired about the Lunch Menu and was told we were not allowed to have it, I did explain that we had been told at booking it would be available and we were then given the lunch menus, but I felt that the portions etc from then on were as a result of us eating at the reduced price! I have heard that this is a good restaurant but I am sorry we did not have a very good experience at all. Dry over cooked meat, very small portions of protein, loads of green salad filling the plates. 5 pieces of Calamari for a starter, with loads of lettuce etc

3  Thank Maria0663
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first visit. We came because we were visiting the theater. Parking is close in the main car park. The restaurant is not particularly quiet with a main road in the front and the Midland main railway line behind. The decor is simple but attractive. The staff were excellent and knew ther menu well. The food we had was well cooked with good presentation and good value. We were on a tight schedule but we had a Mixed hot Meze, starter. Which was a good selection and very tasty. One shish and a lamb Betyti. These were very good. An excellent finish was the fresh mint tea.

As we are local we will be going back there

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This restaurant offers friendly service combined with a relaxed atmosphere. The food is of a good quality, there is a wide choice of starters & mains all at very reasonably prices. I would recommend sharing the hot meze starter followed by a main of your choice, this will fill you up. Alternatively, for the bigger eater share the berry special. I would highly recommend a visit.