“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Orchid

Thai Orchid
Ranked #21 of 66 Restaurants in Rickmansworth
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Visited Thai Orchid for lunch, which was just what we wanted. - Hot, but not too spicy, with a good selection of dishes to choose from.. Very friendly and welcoming staff, with attention to detail. All food served hot. Prices were very reasonable in comparison to other restaurants in the area. Will be going back again soon.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank June696

London, United Kingdom
“Mixed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great service and stunning scallops but volcano chicken cold in the middle though properly cooked through. Lovely evening, generous sized portions and lovely venue.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank 186338SimoneP
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

After carefully selecting this restaurant following my search on TripAdvisor, I was utterly disappointed. As we arrived, we had to wait for our table for about 15mins. As we moved to our table we ordered drinks. First issue was with my lemonade which was very flat but I didn't complain as I didn't want to ruin the mood of our romantic dinner. Starter was fine. We waited ages for the main to arrive and when it finally got to us, it was not what I ordered! Second issue!! I asked the waitress that it was not what I ordered she started arguing that it was indeed.. she took it back and brought me another dishe. Third issue, when ordering I asked for my main to be spicy. What I got was plain, no flavor and no spicy At ALL! Didn't want to complain further so I asked for some chilies. . The waitress started being short and saying we don't have chilies only chili oil.. I left it there! ! Not impressed. . Not happy.. and won't be returning there.. I will try next time the Tamarind.. might get better food and service!!!

3 Thank Sonia A
London, United Kingdom
“Great food - consistent standard & very friendly stafff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We've visited the Thai Orchid quite a few times now - and it's always good. Weekends, week nights, early evening, late evening, as a couple, with friends and as a family - and it's a consistently high standard. The food is delicious, looks good as well as great tasting, the service is usually prompt but not hurried. There staff are always very friendly, helpful and very courteous - they are a lovely team and they work well together.
The dishes are authentic and delicious - the Pad Thai is great, the satay is good and the Steamed Tiger Prawns in chilli/coriander starter is to die for! There's always a plentiful supply of prawn crackers, the wine list has a reasonable selection and the sorbets (if you have room afterwards) are superb: the mango and raspberry are real favourites.
All in all, this is a great little restaurant and well worth a visit for a good quality, reasonably price Thai meal which is made all the better by very friendly service and consistently high standard.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Pennyhi
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We used to live near to this restaurant, what a mistake if you are on a diet! the food is fantastic, really full of flavour. They provide tofu on request.
There is always a lovely atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and helpful. If it is not busy then they are happy to chat with you, and you feel valued as a customer because they really take the time to get to know you and remember what you had spoken of last time.
The food is just delicious, never had to send anything back. Really authentic and full of flavour.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013