“Superb dinner”

Robertos Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$60
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to L'Osteria Restaurant, the most amazing Italian dining experience with fine food, exquisite seafood dishes, fine wines and champagnes. Our Italian chefs are some of the most experienced in creating a perfect dining experience for couples, families or groups of friends. Our restaurant designer interior helps create an perfect ambiance for your complete enjoyment. L'Osteria is a friendly restaurant featuring excellent authentic Italian food in comfortable, modern surroundings and a pleasant ambience of a newly revamped interior. L'Osteria offers a variety of eating experiences including seasonal dishes, home-made Italian favourites and the versatility of Italian style dining outside normal lunch and dinner hours. L'Osteria team are dedicated to offering a range of delicious food, excellent wines as accompaniment with each dish and the finest desserts and sweets. The result: the welcome is warm, the service is courteous, and the food is memorable. L'OSTRIA RESTAURANT WAS ESTABLISHED ORIGINALLY AS ROBERTOS IN 1979. NOW A REFRESHING FAMILY RUN RESTAURANT CELEBRATING THE RESTAURANTS FOOD IS TRADITIONAL ITALIAN HOME COOKING AND BRINGS THE CLASSIC FLAVORS OF ITALY TOGETHER WITH FLAIR. DINING IS RELAXED WITH GENEROUS PORTIONS, SPECIALISING IN FRESH FISH AND SEAFOOD. OUR EMPHASIS IS ON WHOLESOME FOOD WITH SIMPLE PRESENTATION. ENDEAVORING TO SOURCE LOCAL PRODUCE WHERE EVER POSSIBLE OUR FRESH FISH IS DELIVERED DAILY AND WE AIM TO OFFER THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF FOOD. We like to think of all our customers as friends.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have dined at Robertos a number of times over the last 15 years, as a couple, a family and with groups of friends or family. Every time the food has been excellent.

After a gap of about about three years since our last visit, my wife treated my son and I to an early evening meal as a birthday present last week. Our dinners were the best we have ever had at Robertos and were certainly 'up there' with some of the best we have had anywhere (UK, France and Italy).

We thoroughly enjoyed Fillet steak, Calves liver (amazing- I tried a bit and might be converted from the steak) and calamari.

The restaurant is air conditioned, comfortable and relaxed, and Lucia always provides a warm welcome.

I would best describe the prices as 'mid-ranged' but they represent good value for money as the food is so good.

1  Thank John69UK
pault002, Manager at Robertos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear John

Im glad that our standards have not changed since you last came, thank you for your lovely comments and for taking your time to write a review. we hope to see you sooner next time!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate at Robertos for my Husbands birthday and had a lovely evening. We were met at the door by Lucy who made us feel at home straight away even though this was our first visit.
The service and and also the food were really good. My husband had prawns and avocado to start and I chose the pâté. We both opted for the fillet steak cooked in a cream and brandy sauce for main course which was delicious. We then somehow found room for a sweet as well. The atmosphere here is really intimate and cosy with soft lighting and we will definitely be returning.

pault002, Manager at Robertos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your time to write about us, it is appreciated and is always nice for Roberto to see the feedback from customers! you should have let me know about the celebration.... we could have finished your dinner with some candels ;) im glad to see new faces in the restaurant and hope to see you again

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went to Roberto's for my parents Wedding Anniversary on a recommendation. Being a Gluten Intolerant Vegetarian I was a little worried after looking at their menu online that there wouldn't be much to eat. However, we informed the restaurant of my dietary requirements before, and I can only say how wonderfully accommodating the restaurant was, modifying pieces of the menu to suit my needs/choices. I managed to have a three course meal (something that can be hard to find!) with absolutely no fuss, and felt at ease that there would be no 'surprise gluten' in my meal.

Everyone else in the party of 5 were very happy with their food as well. Although some things on the menu weren't available, it just proves that their food is fresh, and of high quality, with the restaurant happy to modify meals as requested - the sign of a good kitchen!

The service was friendly and extremely helpful, but not overbearing. Nice and relaxed.

Overall, a very nice way to celebrate as a family, with lovely food. You really get what you pay for. And I'm very grateful to the staff for not batting an eyelid at my dietary requirements!

1  Thank Anna Beth S

im glad you found us accommodation, we appreciate your feedback too, Thank you for your lovely comments its always a pleasure when familys join us for special occasions we feel honored by this. i hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Robertos twice in the last month and enjoyed two excellent meals. The service is friendly and efficient and the food freshly prepared by a chef who can certainly cook. This is not pre-packaged food that is so prevalent in many restaurants today.
The sea bass with tarragon was extremely good and the scampi provencale superb.

Thank you for your review, im glad you both enjoyed your meal, the scampie is a classic! hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a birthday celebration dinner here, and was not overly impressed, wish we had gone elsewhere. Not my type of restaurant, wouldn't rush back. Service ok but a bit gushing.

pault002, Manager at Robertos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Janet, Thank you for taking your time to post a review, to help better our quality, im sorry to hear that your meal was only average, and would like tohave known in more detail what you had found disappointing with your meal? however im glad that you found that the service was good and i hope that we can offer you a better experience in the future Regards Tim