“Meh”

Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Oakmere House Harvester in Potters Bar food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Potters Bar, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to South Mimms, Welham Green and Cuffley, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Ate here Sunday afternoon at 5pm. It was hugely busy, which I think is the problem. I eat here occasionally with my two kids and I would be a regular if they sorted out the staffing problems. It's not that the staff are horrible, the place is just badly understaffed. Whilst I totally sympathise with the clearly unsupported staff I don't want to wait almost an hour for our food. The food is fine, it is a harvester after all, I don't expect a gourmet dining experience. But by the time we had our burgers we couldn't be bothered to wait for ice cream.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Oakmere House Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to The Oakmere House Harvester.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Really surprised by the miserable barmaid! I went in for a quick lunch and was met with pure misery. The food was reasonable and as expected but the service was disappointing.

The setting is great, lovely garden, gorgeous building.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Oakmere House Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Oakmere House Harvester. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

As I live locally, I have visited this harvester many times and always left disappointed. The staff are not the friendliest and are less than interested in welcoming you to the restaurant. The salad is poor and tasteless and the food is below average. I had a BBQ chicken wrap which just fell to pieces as soon as I picked it up. Another time I visited, the waitress asked us straight away what we wanted to order and we explained we wanted a little more time, but shouldn't of bothered when it took her half an hour to come back.
The atmosphere is nice, but overall the restaurant is average and I won't be rushing back anytime soon.

1  Thank Ashhd
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Oakmere House Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We were sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit, and we really appreciate the feedback you have given us.
Thank you.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is my second successive visit where I have come away very disappointed. Went for a 12.30pm lunch with my mum & my two kids. Firstly,Took ages to be sat, drinks still hadn't turned up when main arrived (kids not happy) so re asked. Salad cart always standard with good choice. Grilled chicken was of a poor watery quality. Price was high for quality of food served & experience had. Food was served quick enough though as they were not busy. Then my son had £2 jammed in kids toy machine only to be told its not their responsibility as the machine are from a outside company (very poor customer service). Not the money but principal as they have a responsibility to their customers, considering I had just paid £40 for poor meals.
Won't be using again apart from a beer at the bar. That's a nice setting.

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 July 2013

On a visit to my hometown I was pleasantly surprised to find Oakmere House is now a Harvester restaurant. It is a lovely period building and the restaurant extends into a conservatory overlooking the adjacent park and lake with its own outdoor seating area as well. It was well kept and a pleasant environment in which to eat but very busy.
Standard Harvester menu which has plenty of choice for all tastes and the usual salad bar all for a reasonable price.
Staff were a bit hit and miss, we were greeted and shown to a table promptly on arrival and asked what we would like to drink, however the drinks didn't materialise despite asking a couple of times more. The waitress was efficient taking the food order which arrived promptly but we still had no drinks and were gasping by this stage. The waitress then said she would see to the drinks herself as by this stage we couldn't eat the food before having something to drink. She brought the drinks out promptly and removed the charge for them from the bill without my asking.
Despite this I will be eating here again when in the area as overall there is a good variety of food, at a reasonable price in a nice setting.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit to our Restaurant.
Best regards