“Poor Service - Average Food”

The Oakmere House Harvester
Ranked #40 of 54 Restaurants in Potters Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Oakmere House Harvester in Potters Bar food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Potters Bar, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to South Mimms, Welham Green and Cuffley, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Poor Service - Average Food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times, at the start the visits were good and enjoyable but the restaurant has steadily declined and now there is not much to recommend about it. After our last and final visit as a family of four with 2 friends on a saturday night we will not be returning.
On our arrival the staff appeared chaotic and confused and were unsure of how long the wait would be, there was a table for six empty behind the reception available but we were told we had to wait and passed some time in the bar. after approximately 40 minutes we were given the very same table that had remained empty since our arrival ?
Orders were taken promptly but it took another hour for the meals to arrive, we were asked if we would like to order some more drinks and did so - sadly these had not even arrived by the time we requested the bill.
When i commented on the poor service, the only response was that my comments would be noted..

In summary, the staff appear extremely disinterested, poorly organised, and lack any form of direction. Harvester food is always only average so considering these two components together - i can only recommend that you look elsewhere for an evening out.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DCB40
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Oakmere House Harvester, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Oakmere House Harvester. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Pretty average”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Place is great to go with kids as it has plenty of room.
Ordered a burger which was ok but they got the potato mixed up with my friends chips and the sauce wrong. They don't serve sandwiches and there isn't much on the menu for lighter snacks -however I guess that's a decision at head office. I go because it's a convenient location and they don't mind buggies and car seats, not because it's the best place in the area.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank vj1203
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to The Oakmere House Harvester.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Apart from waiting ages for someone to acknowledge us on arrival our food, drinks & subsequent service very good. Had steak & ribs jack Daniels combo - great! No sweetcorn on salad but that's little gripe!

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Oakmere House Harvester, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Many thanks for giving us your thoughts following your visit to The Oakmere House Harvester. We really do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments.
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“That was my last visit.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times before & each time wonder why I bothered. Following a recent refit, I thought I'd take another look. I've not Trip Advised it before as I know this is an eating house enjoyed by children & pensioners. The decor is dated, the food is average, but the afore mentioned don't seem to mind.the waitresses were pleasant enough, but simply going through the motions.
What really hacked me off this last visit was the muttering of the chef. I trod on a plastic spoon on the floor at the salad bar, and pushed it towards the counter, out of harms way with my foot, the chef muttered sarcastically "don't pick it up will you!" Not quite believing my ears I didn't challenge him, but his embarrassed demeanour following my glare at him spoke volumes. Maybe he thought I should put my Salad and handbag down & go round the restaurant picking up all the rubbish on the floor. Maybe I wouldn't have had to pay for the food if I worked for it!
No, not an enjoyable eating experience. I won't go back.

• Visited January 2014
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Good honest food at a good price”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Your average harvester good food. Well cooked made great value by all you can eat salad and refillable drinks. Whilst not having any stars handed out by a tyre company it filled me and my kids up with enjoyable food without bleeding me dry.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at The Oakmere House Harvester. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.