“Good food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

2 of us dinned here. The food was tasty and of high quality. It was slightly more expensive than average, but so was the food. Service was excellent. Worth a visit.

1  Thank My223355
There are newer reviews for The Chilli Raj

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went with my friend and we had really nice food and polite service. Although there was a really noisy party on the side but we never felt disturbed, rushed or ignored. I would definitely everyone come here when you have the chance, it is really good!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The whole evening was awful! The food was ok, the wine horrible & the service was extremely bad!! We will NEVER return, felt it was an amazing waste of money & have never had such bad service EVER! If anyone tries this restaurant, I wish you luck & better food & service than we had!! No wonder it was so quiet!!!

14  Thank Michelle B
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2015

Hello Michelle,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for your experience. We take customer service and satisfaction very seriously, and I whole heartedly apologise for your experience.

We are under new management and have currently gone through renovations with all new staff. Including a new specialist chef.

I'd like to thank you for leaving your feedback, we can't improve any of our services if we don't know about the issues you are experiencing. We pride ourselves in providing a service above and beyond any customer expectations. I am also sorry you didn't feel as though you could not complain on the night, as it would have been far easier for us to resolve any issues you may have had.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you again to give us a chance to show you how good we can be.

Thank you for your review and continuous support.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this place after performing at the Wylloytts. Traditional it's the place to go, with the whole cast normally booking out the restaurant. The last visit here though was absolutely terrible. The food and service has just gone downhill. We all loved this place but they've just started to get more and more complacent. Missing food orders, slow drinks service, forgetful staff and trying to charge us more than we ordered! Sorry but not again.

17  Thank Food_Critic987
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your review and continuous support.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

we were looking for a local curry house and found chilli raj. friendly welcome and good service. perfectly attentive without being intrusive. i ordered a prawn puree and my partner ordered an onion bhajee. both very nice. we then had chicken dansak and a dish i had not seen before called achari. with it we had sag aloo and mowgli rice. the dansak was very tasty and very spicy, just how we like it!! the achari was unusual and delicious. a dark sauce with a delicious tangy taste. we spent just over £40 and had enough to take home for tomorrow. in all a great meal and we will definately return and recomend this lovely restaurant... i don't understand how the negative reviews happened???

1  Thank Carys-soundmanifesto
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Hello,

Thank you for providing a glowing review of our restaurant, food and service.

We are happy to hear that your evening with us was pleasant.

If you aren't aware we have recently gone through some refurbishment work and have a new specialist Asian chef.

So, if you haven't already we do hope to see you again for another evening with us.