“Good food, attentive service”
Review of The Chilli Raj

The Chilli Raj
Ranked #22 of 55 Restaurants in Potters Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, attentive service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I used to eat here ages ago and was a bit wary after reading the reviews on here. I am glad I gave it another try.

I went with a fussy friend who ordered two things not on the menu and it was no problem for them. All the food was good, freshly made with quality ingredients and tasty.

The service was attentive but not intrusive and we would have stayed longer but a crowd turned up who where a bit noisy. Not their fault about that though.

So all things considered it was good, and I would happily go back. And I am glad that it is as good as it ever was, it pays not to listen to everyone!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JacquiG383
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this review, 10 December 2015
Hello Jacqui,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review,

We are happy to hear that your dining experience with us was pleasant.

We have recently gone through some refurbishment work since your last visit with us. We also have a new specialist Asian chef.

So, if you haven't already come and join us for another meal.

Hope to see you again soon.

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Bland Food & Wine Pricey”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Warm welcome by staff then it went downhill. Food was bland and in need of spices. Restaurant quiet for a week day evening. Wine list needs improving as the red was poor. Beeter Indian options in Potters Bar. First and last time.

2 Thank garry l
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this review, 7 December 2015
Hello Garry,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review, we always appreciate feedback.

We have recently gone through refurbishment work. We are also under new management, have all new staff and a specialist Asian chef.

We would invite you to come back and try us again as I am sure your next visit with us will be memorable and full of flavours!

We hope to see you soon.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

2 of us dinned here. The food was tasty and of high quality. It was slightly more expensive than average, but so was the food. Service was excellent. Worth a visit.

1 Thank My223355
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went with my friend and we had really nice food and polite service. Although there was a really noisy party on the side but we never felt disturbed, rushed or ignored. I would definitely everyone come here when you have the chance, it is really good!!

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The whole evening was awful! The food was ok, the wine horrible & the service was extremely bad!! We will NEVER return, felt it was an amazing waste of money & have never had such bad service EVER! If anyone tries this restaurant, I wish you luck & better food & service than we had!! No wonder it was so quiet!!!

14 Thank Michelle B
Chill R, Manager at The Chilli Raj, responded to this review, 2 August 2015
Hello Michelle,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for your experience. We take customer service and satisfaction very seriously, and I whole heartedly apologise for your experience.

We are under new management and have currently gone through renovations with all new staff. Including a new specialist chef.

I'd like to thank you for leaving your feedback, we can't improve any of our services if we don't know about the issues you are experiencing. We pride ourselves in providing a service above and beyond any customer expectations. I am also sorry you didn't feel as though you could not complain on the night, as it would have been far easier for us to resolve any issues you may have had.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you again to give us a chance to show you how good we can be.

Thank you for your review and continuous support.