“average”

Miller & Carter
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Potters Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Know a thing or two about steak, it's what we love, You could say we are STEAK GEEKS!! We've just celebrated our 1st birthday and couldn't be prouder of what we've achieved so far....But we have much more to show this year! Our new 'Dark nights' menu is coming soon ( info to follow ). All our award winning steaks are hand cut by our master butchers & aged on & off the bone to 30 days for that ultimate succulence and Miller & carter flavour. We love our steaks so we always take the up most care to bloom, season and grill our steaks to perfection and are totally devoted to serving you the best on offer. Our grill chefs have been put through their paces at Steak School, our unique learning experience run by our master grill chefs and fellow Steak Geeks were they learn a new level of respect for not just the steak its self but the whole process from 'field to fork'. So don't delay and visit us soon, we love to share our knowledge with you on what we do, as we said we are Steak Geeks and love to shout about it...And as the first rule of our steak school states 'Every talks about steak school!!'
Reviewed 22 July 2014

2nd time we have been to M&C now. Pretty average in my opinion for the priceys they charge.

Had a burger, fries and Nachos - didnt finish any of it. Much better places for this type of food locally in Hertford (Sloppies n Snug).

Staff to be fair were very good and friendly.

M_and_C_Brookmans, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry food wasn't to our liking but I am glad our team treated you well, we take all feedback on board to improve and move forward and I hope you will give us a chance to redeem our selves soon. We don't ever just want to be ok or average.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic evening celebrating a friends retirement. VIP room with VIP service. The food was superb with the table server never getting flustered or muddled no matter how many people asked for things. Steaks are cooked to perfection and who would believe how long you can talk about a chunk of lettuce!!! Thanks again for making Barry retirement do go so well. We will all be back!!!

1  Thank Claudia W
M_and_C_Brookmans, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your amazing comments! it always fills me with pride when i read comments like this as putting these up on our team info boards gives the team a real buzz and makes it all worth it! Hope you rave about us to others and we will see you again soon. ill ring the raving fan bell for you now!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went to this nice steak house again in Brookmans Park and really enjoyed the food and set up. This is the second time now and really the service should have improved since the opening. I didn't review it the first time as it was new and had a lot of teething problems but nearly a year down the line things are pretty much the same. It takes ages to get the attention of the waitering staff and even though the food is tasty and nice they are let down badly by this service. Having said that we will keep trying but someone needs to take these true comments on board.

1  Thank Katerina D

Hi thank you for your feedback, while i am glad you enjoyed your food i am frustrated when i hear if any of my team are neglecting my/ their guests, i would always want to know if my team are both excelling or under performing as it can only make us stronger, i take all feedback on board to improve and move forward as coaching and support from all levels is key. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem our selves soon. i believe in my team and their capabilities and it is my passion to make sure you see it too as without you we don't have a business.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I visited this Miller and Carter with 7 of my friends for a 30th birthday meal.
We sat on one of the large round tables which are a lot more social than the long tables.
The waitress was very good but the food was quite slow. We waited a very long time for the mains.
My husband and I went for the tomahawk steak for 2 people which was £45. We ordered it medium but came out very well done. It would have taken too long to re- cook so they removed it from the bill, which I was grateful for.
However, the bill came to £30pp for a starter and main course (without the £45 steak!) which I thought was quite expensive considering what it was.
The ambience was nice and had a good evening, but I do think it's quite pricey.

2  Thank Louise F

Hi thank you for your feedback, we are sorry food wasn't cooked to your chosen preference but I am glad our team treated you well & dealt with it in the correct way, we take all feedback on board to improve and move forward I will say though we are confident in our pricing of our menu and are in line with many other 'like' restaurants, our proteins are of the highest quality, our steaks especially are sourced for our steakhouses and us alone. Again it was a shame your steak was over done as we pride ourselves on you have 'The best steak experience' i hope you will give us a chance to redeem our selves soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We called in here today as we had missed lunch and were glad that they were open at 5pm. Waiter took our drinks order which arrived nearly 15mins later. We had ordered chateaubriand which is a sharing plate and some mac and cheese on the side. They brought the steak on a board and two small plates both of which were smeared and greasy. We asked for new ones and she either brought the same ones back or all their plates are like that. Eventually we were brought 2 plates of a much more suitable size. The mac and cheese arrived having obviously been heated in a microwave. I asked for it to be grilled so that the top was crispy. She brought it back a while later and it was exactly the same.
This was not a cheap meal and as such was very disappointing. I tried to fill in their on-line survey
but you have to identify the restaurants by it's phone number and the one on the website was rejected so I have put my review here instead. Marianne

1  Thank Miquette2014

Hi thank you for your feedback, I am sorry your food & service wasn't up to the standard you would expect, i am frustrated about the plate issue as i saw the plates personally but saw no issue with what went out so maybe i need to be more focused on this issue so thank you. i have checked our website and all available sites that have our contact number on and 01707 647429 is correct so will monitor to see if their is a possible IT issue but as of yet none has arisen but you never know! As you can see from many other reviews we strive to better our selves to give the best of the best and I hope you would give us a chance to redeem ourselves soon.