“Wedding Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clowne
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Wedding Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

The day after our Wedding Breakfast and I feel I have to write this review to thank Natalie, Wedding Co-Ordinator and the young ladies who served our meal as well as the excellent chef and his team.
The room looked amazing, the team were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble, the food was excellent and this all went to make our day perfect. Thank you once again from the bottom of our hearts, you are all a credit to Hotel Van Dyk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Our daughter and new son-in-law were married here last Saturday...and what a superb choice of venue it was! The day was absolutley perfect for us all - we were even blessed with glorious sunshine which made the setting even more perfect. The food - from the lovely canapes (especially the mini burgers and mini fish and chips!), to the the superb wedding breakfast and the evening buffet was faultless, tasty and beautifully presented. The service from the hotel staff was excellent...and the DJ played everything we requested which ensured a good time was had by everyone. The room in which the ceremony was held is so beautiful and intimate and at the end of the night our rooms were very comfortable and warm.
This was all brought together by the hard work of the wedding co-ordinators, with special thanks to Natalie, who is a credit to the hotel. She made sure the day ran smoothly in a very professional manner...we never had to worry about anything as she was always at hand - even taking out mulled wine and canapes to the bride and groom who were outside in the cold being photographed. (Natalie...the sausages are an excellent idea). Throughout the day we received nothing but compliments from our guests who all enjoyed themselves. Our daughter had a beautiful wedding, prefect in everyway in a beautiful hotel and a day to remember...thankyou Van Dyk!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank leerob
GailEyreHotelVandyk, Owner at Hotel van Dyk, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review, your compliments have been passed on to our head chef and his team, Natalie and her team and everyone else that was involved in your daughters special day, on behalf of my family and our team I would like to say thank you for choosing Hotel Van Dyk and allowing all of us to be a part of your special memories.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I absolutely love this hotel. I eat here with my family and partner on a regular basis and have been to a few of the events (comedy night, Christmas eve dinner) and stayed over, all of which have been great.

The decor is what I would describe as boutique style and personally think its spot on. Food in both the grill and the Bowden is brilliant, eaten here about 20 times over the past year and never had a bad meal. Prices are very reasonable for the food, but like others, I do think the drinks are a bit on the expensive side.

We couldn't fault the stay we had on Xmas eve 2010. The hotel was quite quiet so they upgraded the room, breakfast and service was great.

I love the hotel that much that we are planning on having our wedding here next year, as it is everything we want for our big day.

The only negative thing I would have to say about the hotel is that sometimes (depending on which staff are on) I can find them quite short/rude. This has only happened a couple of times, as some of the restaurant staff are the best I have come across, but if you do have bad service it is not always like that, on the whole they are usually very friendly and welcoming.

Van dykes is by far the best place to eat and stay around the local area!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Mkcooper
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed overnight for a friends wedding. The food and ambiance was very good, but how on earth do they get away with charging £8 per glass of wine?
I thought Dick Turpin was long gone, but believe me he is alive and well at Van Dykes.It spoiled our overall stay and I wouldn't go back even for a meal at those prices.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank chuccles
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

2 days after our wedding, & i have to write this review, because we feel so so pleased with the service & overall experience, that we were given. From walking into the hotel, to checking out, the next day, everything was perfect. The welcome, the waiter service, the rooms we hired, the food, the general care to detail, were all TOP CLASS. A special thank you must go, to Angela, & Natalie, our wedding co-ordinators, who saw us through everything, with the upmost professionalism, even to the point of soting out the D.J. when ours could not make it, just 3 hours before the wedding itself. Tell me where could you get this service these days! If anyone is about to plan their big day, then let me HIGHLY recomend this gem of a hotel, or even just for a fantastic meal & stay. Many many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ShaunSheff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We recently held our wedding in December at Van Dyks and we cannot praise them enough.

The run up to the wedding was smooth with Natalie on hand to answer any questions. On the actual day Natalie was fantastic and is a credit to the hotel. She was calm and relaxed but at the same time ensured everything was in order to make our day perfect.

If you are looking for a wedding venue that can offer you great food, a warm atmosphere and a personalised service then book an appointment with Natalie and see if Van Dyks can make your day as special as ours was.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen R
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Feel happy to be sharing a positive review about this beautiful hotel.

I was booked for a Christmas party and this was my first visit.

Upon arrival at the hotel I had a warm welcome and the single room I had booked was exactly as I imagined- traditional, cozy and clean. Nice selection of Tea and biscuits available as well as very good quality toiletries. Two factors that deserve a special mention are the number of Mirrors in the room, I had 4 mirrors which is so nice as all too often hotels lack these. Also the bed (although a Single) really was so comfy (just wish I had more than 6 hours in it!!).

Dinner was lovely and you can tell the food was very Fresh. So many Christmas parties lack quality food and I am glad to say this was not the case here.

Entertainment provided was good too, and all in all a lovely night.

Breakfast had a nice selection and beautifully presented, just like evening meal the quality of the food was great!

If I had to offer some improvements I would say my check in and check out was not as efficient as it could have been. Receptionist very friendly but as she was working alone there were delays. Also I would suggest in improvements with service at breakfast. I was asked my room name 3 times by two staff members and a colleague didn't the breakfast he order... all in all these are only minor points in what was a great stay at a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clowne
Casa Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Aston Hall Hotel

Been to Hotel van Dyk? Share your experiences!