“Perfect for weddings”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clowne
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect for weddings”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had my wedding reception here on the 16th August...Natalie and her team were AMAZING from start to finish everything was professional and of a very high standard; they dealt with things quickly and not once did we feel we needed to deal with anything that arose on the day. The honeymoon suite was stunning and the rest of the rooms were beautiful. The venue itself gives the ambience of old Hollywood glamour and was exactly what we wanted. The food was amazing and all of our guests loved it. Thank you so much for making our wedding reception perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank giraffe1981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I purchased a voucher from amazon local for afternoon tea for my husbands birthday , the voucher was £29 for 2 people giving me a discount of 50% , this was the most expensive afternoon tea on offer and I was expecting something very special . On arrival we were Seated and the service was ok but we were so disappointed with the tea . There weren't enough sandwiches at all and although the cakes were nice they were nothing special , it just wasn't worth £29 and I can't imagine anyone paying the full price of £58 for what we had . I was so very disappointed .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Julie C
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Remembered this place from years ago and thought it central to meet up with old friends. Sat outside with drinks whilst we perused the menu, and ordered almost everything to suit all our appetites, little and large. Inside the restaurant was busy, but the service was perfect, all courses served correctly and it seemed as though nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Finishing with our coffees and tea outside, one of my friends commented so glad she came, had been put off by a previous review!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank golfmadviv
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Called in last week with some business contacts and had a great time, we had a table in the corner so we did not disturb anyone, quick service as we needed to be away quickly, the food choices, we shared, where excellent, the waiters knew we where on a time line and sorted it perfectly...well done, got to be one for lunch

Room Tip: Nice place, close to motorway, food very good and staff looked after us, makes a change from the big...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joymike
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited Van Dyk last Wednesday evening, for a 60th birthday meal, and sadly the whole event was far below what I would have expected from the hotel. The restaurant wasn't busy, and we were show to our table immediately. We ordered wines, both red and white - the wine waiter seemed to have no idea what to do. We explained that we each needed two glasses, as we were starting with white etc. We had to wait 45 minutes for our starters, and then when they arrived one was cold, two were tepid, and one was microwave hot. The cold dish - ham and eggs) was a real disappointment, as it was really tasty. A second bottle of white wine had been ordered as we had waited so long, and that was just dumped into the ice bucket -not even opened.
We had struggled to choose our main courses. The pork was off, no lamb, two beef choices (one was Bourguignon - and this was a very warm evening) and about six chicken dishes.) One of our party went for a cut of beef I had never heard of (cote de boeuf), and looked like an old goat's leg when it arrived, and apparently wasn't as good as that. Two went for fish and chips, which were OK, but tepid, and one for jerk chicken, which was OK.

One pudding was OK and the cheese was fine.

As you can read, it just was a very average to disappointing evening. The service was poor and attention to detail non existent. I expected better from this lovely restaurant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Woofh
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here for a meal as we are interested in getting married here, and was not disappointed. The service was perfect and the food was sublime! The hotel itself is perfect and beautiful, and the surroundings are also nice. I genuinely cannot fault the place. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alexgw91
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Chose the restaurant for an anniversary celebration. We'd dined here previously and enjoyed nice food and exemplary service.
However, we started the evening with champagne and both the white and rose were decidedly lacking in sparkle for the £20 plus price tag. I commented on this to the barman who said there was no way of telling how long the bottles had been opened !
The meal in the restaurant was professionally delivered as you'd expect at circa £50 per head.
The problem occurred with the crab cakes of which 2 out of 3 contained fragments of shell :(
I commented again on both occurrences and my disappointment at the point of payment and was met with a surly response. "Did you drink it - did you send the crab cakes back ?
Well no I didn't. I wanted a stress free enjoyable meal and that is not what I received.
The reaction was less than professional and unsatisfactory and not at all what I would have expected.
Very disappointing.
Would I send things back mid meal next time ? No. I wouldn't risk visiting again.

• Stayed June 2014
10 Thank Julian C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clowne
Casa Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel

Been to Hotel van Dyk? Share your experiences!