“wedding @ ringwood hall hotel”

Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
Bolton, United Kingdom
“wedding @ ringwood hall hotel”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

we were recently married at the Ringwood and we were delighted everything went so well.All our guests loved the rooms and leisure facilities ( lots had children ).For our part we have to thank John and Mandy and the rest of the staff - we booked a late availability wedding - and they handled everything perfectly.On the day Scott was our ' minder ' and was a reassuring presence in a suitably understated way,giving us the confidence that if anything at all went wrong ( i.e. no cake ! ) the hotel had seen it all before and true enough they came to our rescue.And what a place ! We even had lovely weather - not bad for mid-November ! Thanks again to all. Tom and Viv xx

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to leave a review on this site. It is greatly appreciated and those members of our team that you particularly mention in your message have asked me to convey their thanks for your kind comments.

It was absolutely our pleasure to provide you with a wedding day that you enjoyed so much. Sometimes the "late availability" wedding plans are the most exciting because everything is done at once and in a reasonable short time schedule......bit of a "whirlwind".......and great fun!!

Everyone that was involved with you in the planning stages, and then on the day thoroughly enjoyed their contact with you both.

We all take the opportunity of wishing you both a long and happy life together.

PS. We hope Spurs do well this season, and thanks for beating WBA on Saturday!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Sheffield
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to this wonderful hotel. The staff were unbelieveably helpful and dedicated in providing fantastic customer service. The building itself is beautiful as are the grounds. I would whole- heartidly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderfull review. Everything you say is all we strive to provide and we are just thrilled that you had such a wonderful time with us.

We hope that you will return to see us, perhaps on your first anniversary, and that your first Christmas together as a married couple is brilliant.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Had one night stay here recently, was allowed to check in at 8:30 am even though the hotel was very busy, staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout my stay and would highly recommend staying here.
There were 2 weddings taking place here during my stay and they seem to be like military operations (behind the scene) to make sure that everything was running smoothly.
Even though I had to check out at 11am on my day of departure the Hotel spa was made available for me to use until evening at no extra cost.
Very pleasant short stay here, my only dissapointment was not being able to stay around longer.
Thanks to all staff that I had the pleasure in dealing with.

Room Tip: Dont let what seems to be some bad drunken reviews put you off, hotel and staff are delightful.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary M
Thank you for leaving your very pleasant review following your recent stay at Ringwood Hall Hotel. It is always good to hear that your only disappointment was that the stay was too short!

It is particularly gratifying to have read your comments with regard to the pleasantness and helpfulness of the staff. We are blessed with a friendly, cheerful team here who all take pleasure in making guests feel welcome at all times. Having that acknowledged, as you do in your review, is very welcome.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I have had the pleasure of attending events and dining at this hotel in the past so I was delighted when my daughter and son-in-law chose this venue for their wedding and reception.
The hotel is lovely and the grounds are wonderful. The reception staff were extremely obliging and helpful throughout our preparations. The day before the wedding I was even allowed to leave my daughters wedding dress in her room even though she herself hadn't arrived or booked in.
On the day itself we arrived early to prepare and on request a couple of our rooms were made ready for early check-in. We really did appreciate this so thanks very much. The wedding planner who helped with the arrangements did a great job and everything went perfectly. Our Master of Ceremonies kept us informed and made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. The function room and tables looked fabulous!
Nothing was too much trouble and the staff worked hard to make this a very enjoyable occasion. One of our guests fell ill during the evening and the duty manager and her staff were very prompt and professional offering as much assistance as was needed and making sure we had everything we needed.
Many of the wedding guests remarked on the prompt, professional and friendly service of the waiting and bar staff. The food was lovely and served beautifully!
Our room was in the quieter part of the hotel - spotlessly presented and very comfortable.
Our breakfast the next morning was very good and presented attractively.
All my daughters table decorations, flowers, cakes etc had been saved carefully in an anteroom for us to collect and take away the following morning. We felt really at home and relaxed throughout our stay. A great pity that we did not have quite enough time to enjoy the leisure facilities.
Thanks Very Much, I can highly recommend this venue for special events!!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are quieter, a very short walk from reception and they are also at ground floor level.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Janet M
Thankyou for taking the trouble to leave your delightful review following your daughter and son in law`s wedding at Ringwood Hall Hotel.

It really was a pleasure to read that all aspects of both your stay and the wedding arrangements were so well received.

We believe Ringwood Hall Hotel to be an excellent venue for all special events, but particularly wedding parties, and we are absolutely delighted that every aspect of the plans exceeded your expectations. That, after all is what we aim to do,

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on many future occasions. Thank you again.
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I have read previous reviews and also the response from the hotel and I felt obliged to comment. Primarily because I am quite indignant at the 'tar all with the same brush' attitude of the response from the managaress. I was at the same wedding party that presumably the hotel had to go to 'extraordinary lengths' to close the bar. I will not emabarass the staff of the hotel and the 'bouncer' by elaborating on their behaviour, I think the previous reviews give some inclination as to that but it seems to be that as there was no formal complaint then the behaviour experienced by said wedding party was of no fault of the staff!!. To be frank the experience of the night staff sadly gave no reassurance that any complaint would be dealt with effectively. I find it quite unfortunate that any allegation levied against the staff is met with a dictation about the perils of alcohol (valid points yet not applicable to the incident in question!)
I will conclude by saying that the hotel is very impressive aesthetically. Several reviews from the same party (I presume) which comment upon the unsatisfactory behaviour of the staff are met defensively. In any other organisation that I am aware of, this would be broached directly with the staff in question. No mention of whether this was done which appears to me slightly (at best) dismissive of comments that guests made.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank ollie2012
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
I would have much preferred to have had the opportunity of dealing with this unhappy situation on a more personal basis, which was really the point that I was making with regard to the lack of a formal complaint from those persons who felt aggrieved about the attitude and behaviour of the late bar staff.
You are quite correct to say that an organisation should consider the entire facts of the incident both from a guest and staff perspective. Unfortunately in the absence of any actual facts from the guest in question and, mindful that is from memory the first late bar that was closed prematurely, I could only respond in the manner which I did. It was the anonymity that triggered my "defensive" mechanism.
Naturally the details of the incident have been discussed at length with the relevant team members and, I will acknowledge that as a result the security officer has been given much more specific guidelines as to how the management would like him to deal with incidents arising out of the late bars, as it appears from my "investigations" that he may have been confrontational.
If we have staff member or members who are "letting the side down" and misrepresenting our image, then I would want to know who and how and, of course, deal with it!
It is just very disappointing that we are having to continue a dialogue through this medium which, as I understand it, is not really the true purpose of Trip Advisor. As I have indicated in my previous esponse a formal representation would have resulted in a thorough investigation and a much more personal response.
That all said, thankyou for your kind comments about the hotel.
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We booked for 5 nights. We were offered a room in a quiet part of the hotel away from wedding "noise". It was very quiet apart from a few door slams (Why are some guests so inconsiderate?)
The bedroom was spacious, nicely decorated and very clean but here wasn't really enough drawer space for a 5 night stay. We could also have done with a few more coat hangers. The room appearance would have really benefited from doors on the "wardrobe" rather than having the hanging clothes exposed. The mattress was quite firm, which suited me.
The Hotel layout has kept to the character of the original Hall – we loved the rambling corridors and staircases and changes of levels. The decor was smart and everything was nice and clean. The gardens were lovely and beautifully looked after with mostly original features. A big choice for breakfast so nobody could ever go hungry. We booked the "Peak District Break" which included 3 course evening meals. I am a big eater but I struggled to finish these although the food was really delicious. Towards the end we asked for smaller deserts! The first (Sunday) dinner was set in an elegant dining room but the rest of the stay we were relegated to eating in the same room as breakfasts. It would have been a nice touch to at least have had tablecloths for the evening. A real candle would also have been a nice touch. (The cocktail bar had some very naff LED candles on the tables).
During one meal the staff started clearing and relaying surrounding tables ready for breakfast. Although they tried to do this discreetly I thought this was rather like being in a cafe rather than a quality restaurant. I must say that the background music in the restaurant was sometimes just too loud, especially if you're sitting right under a speaker. Some of the pop music singing was very screechy and got a bit annoying. How about more gentle music?
Service was excellent throughout although the staff were mostly very young and their inexperience sometimes showed, but they all tried very hard to please.
On leaving we were initially charged for coffees but after I pointed out that the offer in TripAdvisor included coffee with Dinner the charges were removed.
We enjoyed the free use of the Health Suite - the swimming pool was big and at a perfect temperature.
Altogether our verdict is a lovely Hotel in a lovely setting, just a few comments which I hope the management considers taking on board.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mike551721
Thankyou so much for taking the time and trouble to "deliver" your "verdict" following your recent stay with us.
It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your kind words about so many aspects of your stay are much appreciated. Your constructive feedback, provided in an especially polite and gentle manner, is also much appreciated.
Your observations about the presentation of the Coach House Dining Room are very interesting. A full refurbishment was undertaken in Spring this year and the polished table top concept was designed in response to customer feedback that more informality was required as part of the dining experience. To be fair this was principally from our "corporate clients" who stay with us during the week. Mostly, Friday to Sunday, dinner is served in the elegant smaller dining rooms you refer to, overlooking our beautiful gardens.
You may be certain that the quality and style of music will be "revisited".
One aspect as well will be the over zealous cleaning of the restaurant and the inadequacy of storage for longer stay guests.
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My family and I recently went to Ringwood Hall hotel for a meal in the restaurant for a family gathering. I have got to say it is one of the best places I have eaten in for a while. The staff are well presented and pleasant and nothing was to much trouble. The food was to die for and you could tell that everything was fresh and cooked just right. The whole atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant but very professional at the same time.
I liked the idea that they grow alot of there own fruit and veg and this is then used in the food in the restaurant. Like i say extremely fresh food.
The cocktail bar was great as well a lovely little bar to sit in and enjoy pre dinner and after dinner drinks again the bar staff could not do enough for you..
I eat out quite alot and have got to say that this is one of the best places i have eaten in and will defiantly be returning.
Well worth the money

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank s_lapp180
Delighted that your family gathering at Ringwood hall Hotel was a great success.
Under the close supervision of Emma, Restaurant Manager, the restaurant has really flourished over the recent months, following a full refurbishment.
Personalised, friendly and unobtrusive service to complement well cooked and locally grown produce, including fruit, vegetables, herbs and salad items grown in our kitchen gardens, is our objective.
Reading your generous praise leads me to believe that we have achieved this !!
Thankyou. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe for that extra special family gathering in one of our special private dining rooms !!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
Peak Edge Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!