“6 Oct 2012 Wedding day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“6 Oct 2012 Wedding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

We were at Ringwood Hall for the wedding of Natalie & Dan.
We arrived to a very welcoming reception team. The whole day was perfect nothing was too much trouble. I asked if it was possible to get into our room a little early and was told that would not be a problem. The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious.
The wedding could'nt have gone more smoothly. The meal was excellent and plentiful and arrived by very pleasant and efficient staff, children and vegetarians where also well catered for.
The whole day went perfectly.
The grounds where immaculate and ideal for taking wedding photographs of which many were taken.
After a comfortable nights sleep we went down to a fantastic breakfast there was everything you could think of and plenty of it.
All in all we would highly recomend this hotel for any special occasions.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Wow!

What a wonderful review. Clearly you had a lovely time at Natalie and Dan`s wedding celebration. It seems that everything that you experienced was faultless and that you had a thoroughly enjoyable visit.

Delighted that you are recommending us so highly.

With a range of private dining rooms and function suites we do cater for those important special occasions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nice old building, plenty of parking, check in staff very efficient, room was spotless but a bit of a jaunt from reception. Beer expensive in the bar. Food also expensive but very nice posh nosh. I was staying with work mates on a training day the following morning.
A bit too overkill for a works training day but I didn't pay.
Very comfy bed.
Breakfast was top notch.
The sort of place to get married at rather than work at.
Young bar staff a bit dippy.
Now I am starting to sound like Victor Meldrew.
Well done, I couldn't find fault really.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Si W
Delighted that you weren`t able to find any faults with your stay except perhaps that you were here to work rather more than have fun.

You are quite correct we are a very popular and successful wedding venue, and enjoy hosting weddings throught all the seasons.

However, as you found being here on a training day with your company, we also have very unique facilities for conference and training days, not least our 29 acres of parkland which provide the ideal facilities for team building events.

We offer very competitive leisure break rates so check us out for a return visit for leisure, you may be surprised how reasonable we are.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here during my 40th birthday break with my partner and I cannot reccommend this place highly enough. I have to say I was really impressed with this hotel throughout, from the quality and ambience of the place down to the top notch grub that was on offer. Staff were friendly and courteous at all times and the place gave a real sense of occassion. Deserves more than a 3 star AA rating, Excellent and well done Ringwood Hall. I will definitely be coming back to visit you again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your 40th birthday. Delighted that you clearly had a wonderful time celebrating at Ringwood.

Whist we choose to remain 3 star rated, we are actually the highest percentage 3 star rated hotel in the county having maintained an impressive 86% credit rating for over the last 5 years.

Blessed with a very committed team you`ll always find a warm welcome awaits you and we hope very much to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to place a review.
Talgarth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Only stayed one night but were won over by friendly staff, good food and the somewhat idiosynchratic nature of the building. Rooms reasonably sized and well presented if in slight need of an upgrade. Dinner was very good for a Sunday evening, service excellent by very young staff. nice breakfast and overall worth coming back to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

An interesting description of the hotel which, as an old building does have some rambling corridors and changes of elevation.

That all said as a privately owned hotel we are fortunate that the owners constantly re-invest and refurbish, and in the last decade have taken the old fashioned nature out of the building to provide traditional but contemporary decor.

I was pleased to read how much you had enjoyed your stay and in particular our friendly personable welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked this for a half term break and couldn't have been happier. I would recommend it to anyone. The hotel is easy to find and set in beautiful grounds that are well maintained. The staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. The reception team is absolutely fantastic and can give you so much information about what to do, local amenities, days out and walks. They are quick and efficient and genuinely want to make your stay a brilliant one! We stayed in an executive room; the bathroom was perfectly sufficient, the bed was comfortable and the view of the gardens was stunning.
As a result of a suggestion, we took the lovely drive down past Ashover and through the villages which were stunning. On the way back we stopped to walk to Ashover rock, finding a lovely pub (I think 'the old poet') which had 3 open fires, a warm environment and a selection of games for your use.)
The restaurant was also lovely, the food was delicious and served quickly by another team of enthusiastic, passionate and helpful staff. The price of the drinks in the bar are quite steep but everything else is reasonable. The staff bend over backwards to meet your needs.
The pool and gym facilities were also good, and it is a very short walk around the front of the building. The pool is reasonably warm and the sauna and steam room are in good condition.
Overall (as i'm sure you can tell) this hotel is a fantastic place to stay. Having tried previously not to stay in the same place twice, I would certainly look to going back to Ringwood Hall because there is so much to do in the local area.

Room Tip: Garden view executive room was well presented, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write this wonderful review for us.

Clearly you had a great half term break and we think Ringwood Hall Hotel has all those ingredients to provide an excellent base for a leisure visit to the Peak District.

There are plenty of fabulous days out with lots of lovely walks and historic buildings within a very short drive.

Enjoy the opportunity to return to " a home from home" hotel where the welcome is warm and the service is personable.

Make time to enjoy the benefit of our Health & Fitness Suite. The swimming pool has a temperature maintained at 31 degrees, presenting an ideal opportunity for working off those extra calories that you might just be piling on whilst relaxing in the Peak !!

We are pleased to read that you intend to return and we really look forward to extending our welcome to you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, attended the fireworks ball. I like the old charm of the hotel, including blankets for the beds!
Room very nice & clean, food very tasty, pleasantly surprised at the wine prices as they were very reasonable. It is nice to go to a hotel that is unique and has no corporate uniformities.
If you are not able to walk far or climb stairs then this place is not for you as there are no lifts and the walk to some rooms is quite a distance.
I enjoyed my overall stay and would definitely return.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lolandjane
Delighted that you found the hotel unique as that is exactly the way we would wish to be described as.

Our "Black Tie Events" are always a success and the opportunity to stay over, as you did, is made very affordable as we do provide very special accommodation rates to encourage you to enjoy the occasion even more.

It is wise to clients booking accommodation to spend time discussing the various styles of rooms that we have. The hotel has a varied selection of ensuite bedrooms both internal and externally. A number of our rooms require guests to navigate corridors and changes in elevation. As a grade 11 listed building we have not been able to install a lift.

So, for those guests who are wary of stairs, we also have some ground floor easily baccessible rooms, including a beautifully appointed disabled guest room.

A number of rooms have been created from the conversion of former servants quarters in the gardens. Recently refurbished these enjoy the benefit of private parking adjacent to them, and, located away from our busy wedding suites, tend to provide more peace and privacy.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

My huband and I stayed at Ringwood for friends wedding. I called the hotel the day before we stayed on the reccomendation of the bride, as we had a 9 week old baby, to see if we would be able to get in our room quicker than the standard check in. When I phoned I was advised that it would be unlikely that this would be able to happen, so I asked if there would be somewhere private that I could feed her (I feel that it is inappropraite to feed your baby in a room full of strangers)... and was told as there was anothr function on at that time, probably not, but I was welcome to feed my baby in the toilet!!!!!!! Much to my disgust... I thought those days were over but obviously not....
On arrival at the hotel there is no ramp near the steps so I had to try and get the pram up the steps on my qwn as there did not appear to be a doorman or a porter. On check-in (despite knowing we had a new baby when we booked) we were allocated a room right at the very back of the hotel.... so I had to leave our pram in reception as there is no lift, and carry the baby up and down all the steps. It was a good job that the baby was not staying the night as I really did not relish the thought of trying to get the pram up to our room.
Aside from all this, the hotel was lovely, the room was spacious and clean. The food for the wedding was delicious, and the same for th breakfast.
It was dissapointing that the residents bar shut at 1am.....other hotels I have stayed in have offered a bar service to residents via the night porter as long as they wanted drinks! They missed out on that night as about 15 of us wanted to stay up longer and couldn't!

So all in all the Ringwood is a lovely hotel, but our stay was spoiled by the old fashioned attitute towards young families.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the 221-8 rooms, they are very far from the main function rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
To have been given that information about feeding your new baby was unforgivable, and you may be certain that I will try to ascertain how that inappropriate message was conveyed to you. I am certain that the recipient of your call must have misunderstood your question.

Whist we endeavour to do our very best to give early access for check-ins, it cannot be guaranteed, but nevertheless very special understanding should have been given to your requirement to feed your new baby. Please accept my unreserved apologies for this poor response, which is just so untypical of any of our team at the hotel.

As a grade 11 listed building, access to the building by pram or wheelchair does require a ramp and one is readily available at the front entrance. It is rare that assistance is not offered immediately when it is recognised that the ramp is required.

On a brighter note I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular the comfort provided within your room, and the food and service you experienced, and also that you enjoyed every other aspect of the wedding party.

You may be certain that your comments will be considered at length to avoid any further misunderstanding or upset. We consider that we are "everything friendly" at Ringwood Hall...........without exception !

Delighted however that you enjoyed your stay,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
Peak Edge Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!