Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa
US$87
US$84
US$51
US$49
The Portland Hotel(Chesterfield)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hotels.com
US$92
US$78
US$73
Ibis Chesterfield North(Barlborough)(Great Value!)
US$41
1,086 results
All reviewswedding venueleisure facilitiesthe main hotelmaster of ceremoniessteam roomamazing weddingwedding breakfasthotel groundsfree bottle of winewedding guestslovely hotelperfect venuewedding receptionfood was lovelyfrom start to finishevening buffetspecial thanks
Reviewed 26 August 2014

we stayed at ringwood hall as the wedding party we were part of were staying there.

the hotel looks stunning from outside with a real old world charm.

we arrived 15mins before the bride and groom so appreciate the fact the staff were busy prior to the happy couple arriving.

we checked in and despite struggling under the weight of several of the other half's bags, and there being half a dozen members of staff in the lobby no one bothered offering any help with our baggage. Normally i would pass this off but when we were given instructions how to get to our room we couldn't have been further away from the lobby if we tried and had to walk up and down several flights of stairs (room 210).

the room itself was odd they seem to have tried to keep old some old world charm but they failed miserably. the wall was peppered with half a dozen white plastic sockets, surely some brass or coloured ones would have been more conducive to the feel of the room. due to wear and tear the temperature discs on top of the taps had worn away and someone had taken it upon themselves to colour in one of them with a blue pen, again i would pass this off normally but this hotel gives off the pretense of a classy hotel.

the breakfast, which was included in the price, was nice but we were informed that it was self service, which was almost true, as you could help yourself to everything but bacon and sausages which were rationed out. add to that pre-made tea and coffee on the tables in jugs, which again would have been much nicer if they had been served fresh.

with a few tweeks this hotel could have some real classic chic but alas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phatbear
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked a feature room last Minute and no idea what to expect. We were issued the gatehouse suite, a great room, immaculately presented and with an amazing bath tub which I couldn't wait to sink into. Only downside is the suite is right next to the main road and the Noise is very loud.

We booked a table in the restaurant for our evening meal, the food was delicious, the live guitar music was a great surprise and created a wonderful atmosphere.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Spot on, really enjoyed our visit, staff was superb so was the views and the gardens. Prices wa high but I suppose you get what you pay for. Would defiantly return, can't really remember much of the night so can't review that for you I suppose that is a good sign

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I am not sure that I will be able to fit all the good things about this hotel in a review but I will try. Firstly and most importantly for me is the staff - they are fantastic. We got married on 21st August 2014 in the Garden Pavillion with our reception in the Ringwood Suite. We visited the hotel many times and every time the staff were fantastic. Our main contact was Rona Cosh the general manager who could not do enough for us and made us feel like we were the only couple having a wedding there (and I am sure that anyone else who comes into contact with her will feel the same). Our master of ceremonies Dan was fantastic as well and ensured that the whole day ran smoothly but I have to say that every time we go to Ringwood we are always impressed by all the staff. I stayed in two different rooms - the Bakewell Suite with my bridesmaids the night before the wedding and the Ashover Suite with my new husband and both rooms were lovely and spacious. The food was great as well and we have had lots of feedback from guests to say how much they enjoyed it. The gardens are beautiful and if you are thinking of a wedding there they provide a great backdrop for photos. I know we will be returning soon because we both love the venue and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My husband booked the night in the barlborough honeymoon suite which is where we spent our wedding night. The room has a four poster bed and ornate shower within the room. The decor is dated and could be much more lush. The bed quite comfy, shower didn't get hot enough. For the evening meal we ate lamb shank and I had beef. The beef was nothing special yet my husband enjoyed the lamb. Toffee pudding was really good, yet the lemon meringue was awful and was sent back. Service within the hotel was really attentive and friendly. All in all we had a great night and would visit another time

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple