“Astoria versus the Farmers Arms”
Review of The Farmers Arms

The Farmers Arms
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Frankby
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run country pub in the heart of the Wirral featuring a large beautiful beer garden offering great, locally produced food, live music and cask ales.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Astoria versus the Farmers Arms”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Called in the Farmers Arms at lunchtime today. The food was good but I much prefer to dine out at the Astoria in West Kirby the owners other restaurant its cleaner, brighter and modern! And of course I missed Eddies smiling face and perfect host abilities!

• Visited July 2014
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at The Farmers Arms, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
As a dad you make me proud with your comments, everyone loves Eddie ( maybe we need to clone him) Give the Farmers some time, I'm sure Harry will catch up to his older brother

West Kirby, United Kingdom
“Superb food, drinks and live entertainment”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went to the farmers arms last friday for a meal with a group of friends. Upon arrival we were given a choice of tables to sit at in the very welcoming restaurant area. We all agreed the food was excellent and after our meal we all headed to the bar. The atmosphere was great and the pub was busy, they had good drinks deals like 2 glasses of wine for £5.00 which we took advantage of.
Later on in the evening there was live music! This started at around 8.30pm and was really enjoyable, we were told there is live music every friday.

All in all a really good experience! We will definately be back this Friday night to celebrate Independence day and i highly reccomend this place to anyone.

P.S. The beer garden and decking area look great for families wanting to enjoy the sun!

1 Thank Sue M
Thank you for your fantastic comments
Chester, United Kingdom
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a lovely experience here Thurs 26 June. We sampled the pate, steak and ale pie, duck breast and the tagliatelle spinach and mushroom, apple pie and ice cream. Well presented, tasted lovely, decent portions and great service, and the price was very reasonable. Husband tried the real ales and enjoyed those. Will definitely return there. It was a nice change from the food chain pubs restaurants.

1 Thank 388yvonnew
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at The Farmers Arms, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for your fantastic comments, it's not easy trying to please all the people all the time, but we are going to have a good go at it.
london
“Find somewhere else to eat!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

First and last visit on Saturday 21st June 2014.
Beer garden was busy and obviously very family 'friendly' which was fine( even though we had no children) by us.
Bar was busy but the staff were pleasant and courteous.
So far so good...
Ordered Pate and a Prawn Marie Rose baguette and a side portion of 'fries'.
The Pate was served on a horribly old & scratched,wooden platter, which had greasy stains ingrained deep into the wood. The pate itself whilst not exactly inedible, had the consistency of runny porridge!
However, the 'soft white baguette' bore no resemblance to its description on the menu.
My Prawn Marie Rose was served in an 'uncooked' (though thankfully defrosted) rubbery, doughy, tasteless, greyish white substance which purported to be bread. The 'fries' were under cooked, hard, and greasy.
Not impressed at all!

5 Thank toyotalondon
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at The Farmers Arms, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments but obviously we will have to address your other comments, I can assure you that this is not our normal standards of food please email me
jimdemetrios123@hotmail.co.uk so we can discuss your complaint in more detail
“voucher booking”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Purchased a Living Social Deal voucher online so this was the main reason for going. Had heard poor reports recently about the pub but both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and considering there was a large party in the restaurant the wait was not too long. The staff were attentive and it was service with a smile. There was no wine list and my husbands choice of cask ale was not great The décor etc' is, in my opinion in need of some TLC and the toilets definitely need some attention (no toilet seat in one of the toilets and there were no hand towels or hand drier). Overall, I would certainly visit the beer garden with my grandkids and probably end up eating there as well.

• Visited June 2014
Astoriawestkirby, Owner at The Farmers Arms, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I'm glad to hear you where pleasantly surprised with the standards of food and service,
There should always be 4 guest ales at all times together with a large selection of lagers etc.
I'm sorry about the condition of the toilets this I will personally look into
and yes you are correct that the Farmers needs lots of TLC, great improvements have been made in the 10 weeks we have been here and there are many more to come, unfortunately we are brewery lead and the changes have to be made gradually, therefore I hope on your next visit you will see more improvements and rate us accordingly.