“Wonderful”

and 1 more site!
Peel Hey
Ranked #1 of 1 Frankby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have just attended a wonderful 60th birthday party at Peel Hey. Our fantastic hosts, the amazingly good food and the friendly and efficient staff made this very happy occasion an evening to remember.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Peel Hey

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have twice stayed at Peel Hey for single nights, recently, and had a different room on each occasion. Both were wonderfully warm and comfortable, and decorated to a high standard. The en suites were spotless, and each had a bath robe. Delicious evening meals are available...and vegetarians are welcome. Try the Mushroom Wellington if you can...gorgeous! Peel Hey is warm, welcoming and peaceful. It's a lovely small hotel, where nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room with the children able to sleep on a very safe and protected gallery...
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at Peel Hey for two nights in January 14 whilst we were unfortunately attending a close family member's funeral. We also had to bring our two dogs but the room we had (Room 3)was very comfortable and well furnished and there was adequate room for all four of us! Despite our sad occasion, it was good to return to a nice comfortable warm room and we slept well. Ken and wife are very welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed but with much attention to detail. When we rang to book the accommodation, Ken was very helpful and friendly and everything he said was very honest, we were not far from where we needed to be for everything. Excellent breakfast too. Unfortunately we did not get to spend much time in the room or to further enjoy the facilities, but would highly recommend Peel Hey.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed here twice in a different room each time. Both were spacious and decorated to a high standard. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We had a delicious breakfast too. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone staying in the area and I would definitely stay at Peel Hey again when I visit the Wirral.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms, twins, superking and queen size beds, so be sure to ask for what you p...
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at peel hey for the first time at Christmas . I previously emailed ken to make sure he didn't mind my daughter attending Christmas lunch with us as she has learning disability and mental health issues, but he welcomed us and her and we had a wonderful Christmas lunch with my daughter for first time in many many years. Everything is relaxed and the staff are v attentive. Food and rooms all fab and I rediscovered the surrounding area with long country drives. Will make it the place to stay next time.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I love Peel Hey. I used it by default on the first occasion for my late father's funeral reception last June as I could not get the place I intended to book. I was so glad it happened like that as Ken, the owner, made everyone so welcome and put on a really lovely buffet. It was a beautiful day and Dad would have felt at home there. Subsequently, whilst sorting out my father's flat in West Kirby, I have stayed there overnight on a couple of occasions, as have my daughter and her husband. The rooms are really lovely and relaxing and the breakfast is great. You can choose between full English or a continental breakfast. My ties with the Wirral are now severed but I will definitely go to Peel Hey again in the summer. It's a pity that there aren't more places of this genre.

Room Tip: All are nice, but the twin bedded room probably gets more traffic noise than any other but it is not...
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 3 night stay at Peel Hey Guest House. My husband and I were travelling with our 6 month old baby and the staff could not have been more helpful. Excellent travel cot & high chair were provided free of charge.
Our room was spacious and had everything we needed. The Elemis products in the bathroom were a treat for me.
We enjoyed a full English breakfast every morning which was delicious and included in our room rate.
We dined early in the restaurant one evening and had a lovely 2 course meal.
I would not hesitate to visit again. It was warm & welcoming in the winter and I bet it is gorgeous in the summer too.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankby
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Peel Hey? Share your experiences!