“An excellent find!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Heswall B&B and Inns
Egham, United Kingdom
“An excellent find!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for the first time on the night of 12/06/14. I was travelling on my own and had booked a very reasonably priced single room with breakfast. I received a very courteous welcome. My room was spotlessly clean and well-equipped. It was a hot night and I needed to keep the windows open but I was not aware of any noise. In fact it was so quiet I felt that I could have bee the only person staying - despite evidence to the contrary!!! Breakfast was fabulous and the service quiet and kind throughout. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Well done everyone - fabulous!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms must be fine - I overlooked the car park and was still not aware of any noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went back to the Jug and Bottle, once again it was excellent. Staff, room and food once again brill. There only a couple of minor things - We couldn't get wifi in our room but that could have been where our room was situated also the power of the water in the shower was not great but these are only minor things. We had a great time and would recommend I staying there

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked all the rooms for a family wedding (including the Bride). As you can imagine things got very hectic on the morning of the wedding, yet the hotel staff were superb - they stayed out of our way and let us get on with things, but when needed they could not have been more helpful. The rooms themselves were clean, and well-equipped, and some had great views of the Welsh hills.
They also have cask ale in the very welcoming bar downstairs, and the food in the restaurant is for the most part locally sourced, and tastes marvelous. The hotel clearly puts customer service at the top of their list.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Neston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I had a fab meal here on Valentines night and so returned with friends. The service was excellent and there was a great atmosphere. My husband raved over his black pudding with scotch egg starter and said his steak was cooked just to his liking and tasted great. Our friends both chose the gourmet burgers and were delighted with their choice. My curry of butternut squash, sweet potato, chickpea and spinach was delicious. The men were stuffed but we ladies managed the rhubarb and brown sugar Eton mess which was to die for. Four very happy people.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah J
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here in may 2014 for 2 nights with friends , we were attending a wedding nearby.jug&bottle , great service throughout are stay and great food , really nice staff , clean rooms and good selection of drinks in the bar.i would highly recommend this gem we hopefully will return in the future.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I visited last month when my group of friends organised a surpise meal out. We had the buffet which I heard was very reasonably priced! The food was very fresh, the meat excellent quality, the selection broad. It was like, gastro-buffet! Can't wait to take the hubs-to-be there soon. The only niggle was they didn't have any bottles of sparkling wine left. Apparently the crew had booked it over a month in advance so they could have thought ahead and ordered extra. But no complaints, an overall great experience :)

Room Tip: We ordered for less people that came to the buffet and there was still some spare!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
wirral
Reviewed 17 April 2014

after visiting jug and bottle on mothers day and not having a good experience there over the false advertising of what was available on the menu for mothers day I left a review on trip advisor and was contacted by the management saying they were sorry for the misunderstanding and would send me a private message which they did not want to leave on trip advisor so far nothing so just another bad thing

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jasonbirkenhead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heswall
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel
Inglewood Manor
Inglewood Manor
#2 of 3 in Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa

Been to The Jug & Bottle? Share your experiences!