“Lovely Sunday lunch”

and 1 more site!
The Jug & Bottle
Ranked #1 of 1 Heswall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped off for Sunday Lunch at the Jug & Bottle. The food was excellent, I had the roast pork and my husband had the roast beef, both meals were presented beautifully and tasted great. This was our 2nd visit to this pub, it has a cosy feeling inside the pub and friendly staff and excellent food of a high standard. Definitely worth visiting if you are in Heswall.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came for breakfast on Thursday 10th as we were moving house and were all packed up to go. We have eaten here a few times before and has been really nice at although can be hit and miss. We thought we would try here as not many local places do an early breakfast in the area so that's a great positive for The Jug. Unfortunately we didn't have a great experience for breakfast. We were welcomed right in and seated quickly and the waitress made us up a table no problem. Initially the waitress brought us tea and we asked for coffee (not normally a problem, but continually got things wrong and was clearly not listening to us). When the coffee came we the waitress had already plunged the stopper on the coffee pot rather than let it brew so coffee tasted like water. Everyone knows you should leave it for a while don't they?! My husband had a cooked breakfast and I had poached egg & haddock (My first choice was smoked salmon but they had none in). My breakfast was ok but I found it all a little bland.. And a bit watery, seemed as though the egg had not been drained off properly. My husband said his breakfast was again ok but nothing major. Breakfast was cheap at the price for £7.50 each but I'm sorry to say I won't go back in a hurry. It's a shame because we have eaten here for meals several times but each time there has been an issue..wine was not cold, forgotten to put scallops in one meal, have brought our tables meal but forgotten about one persons order or the order has taken a long time. I think if they got the little things right here then customers would return, some evening meals we have had have been excellent and the evening menu is brilliant, but there always seems to be something that let's the place down.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Moorsey77
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just spent 3 nights at the jug and bottle could not fault it staff very friendly breakfast was delicious and plenty rooms very clean found it very handy when going to liverpool as there is a bus service 10 minute walk which took you to the centre in 45 minutes liverpool is a wonderful city with plenty to see and do would definitely recommend pub and city for weekend break

Room Tip: All room good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for the first time on the night of 12/06/14. I was travelling on my own and had booked a very reasonably priced single room with breakfast. I received a very courteous welcome. My room was spotlessly clean and well-equipped. It was a hot night and I needed to keep the windows open but I was not aware of any noise. In fact it was so quiet I felt that I could have bee the only person staying - despite evidence to the contrary!!! Breakfast was fabulous and the service quiet and kind throughout. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Well done everyone - fabulous!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms must be fine - I overlooked the car park and was still not aware of any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went back to the Jug and Bottle, once again it was excellent. Staff, room and food once again brill. There only a couple of minor things - We couldn't get wifi in our room but that could have been where our room was situated also the power of the water in the shower was not great but these are only minor things. We had a great time and would recommend I staying there

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked all the rooms for a family wedding (including the Bride). As you can imagine things got very hectic on the morning of the wedding, yet the hotel staff were superb - they stayed out of our way and let us get on with things, but when needed they could not have been more helpful. The rooms themselves were clean, and well-equipped, and some had great views of the Welsh hills.
They also have cask ale in the very welcoming bar downstairs, and the food in the restaurant is for the most part locally sourced, and tastes marvelous. The hotel clearly puts customer service at the top of their list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I had a fab meal here on Valentines night and so returned with friends. The service was excellent and there was a great atmosphere. My husband raved over his black pudding with scotch egg starter and said his steak was cooked just to his liking and tasted great. Our friends both chose the gourmet burgers and were delighted with their choice. My curry of butternut squash, sweet potato, chickpea and spinach was delicious. The men were stuffed but we ladies managed the rhubarb and brown sugar Eton mess which was to die for. Four very happy people.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heswall
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough
The Ship
The Ship
#1 of 1 in Parkgate

Been to The Jug & Bottle? Share your experiences!