“Superb dining!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My second visit with friends. I was so impressed on my first visit I thought it would be hard to match second time around but it was just as spectacur - lovely selection of dishes, perfectly cooked, delightfully presented and those unexpected little extras added to the experience. Early doors option excellent value and house wines are surprisingly good. We were made very welcome on arrival, service was excellent yet discreet and there was a tranqul atmosphere. Jana and Moyo are clearly enthusiastic about food and offer something special to Wirral diners. I am really looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Went for dinner with my wife and 5 friends on Sunday evening......lovely room and great staff (owners).....nice little freebies to start......I had cod cheeks with chorizo start (could have done with some more chorizo) and belly pork as my main (very good). I would have liked some sort of reduction "jus" as opposed to the rather thin apple sauce served with the pork. The cheese was the low point of the meal....nicely presented but not the best. My wife and all our friends commented on how good their food was. House wine was very good and excellent value. Looking forward to my next visit

1  Thank michaelgould
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Food excellent! Atmosphere superb and unobtrusive! This is what Heswall has been missing,a gastronomic experience!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Did not know about this restaurant until recommended by friends who had had the early evening menu and loved it. Jana is great at front of house and we had delicious complimentary canapes with home baked bread, which is always a treat. The food was so tasty, really fresh and so well presented, with a little twist of imagination - served on whacky plates. The service was excellent and we would have loved the chef to come out at the end to wish him well in his endeavours. We ate later in the evening so did not have the early eve menu and were the only table taken. I hope this restaurant survives because it does have something special about it.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Had a late Sunday lunch at this new reataurant in Heswall. It is very welcoming room, the service, lead by Jana (joint owner of the business), is friendly, understated but always attentive. The food is modern English cuisine using in season local produce, unusual twists all prepared by Moyo, Jana's partner. The wine list has a limited but good value range of wines. Certainly a welcome addition to the Heswal restaurant scene and certainly deserves local support.

1  Thank VarMike