“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2018

We had high hopes having read the reviews but unfortunately we were let down. Yes the place was warm and inviting. Yes the staff were pleasant and professional. However, the chicken was stringy and fatty. The main meal was not hot and had clearly been sitting on a hot plate waiting for us to finish our starter. We might go again as we would like to know why the reviews are generally good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly, tasty and great value. About 15 tables inside or great takeaway. Easily best Indian around.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Went on a Saturday night as a party of 4. Small restaurant but really busy. Great food and service, helpful staff and nicest Peshwari Nan I have ever tasted!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here for years, we wanted to take our sons and were not disappointed. They loved their curries and commented on how tender the chicken was. Honestly the best tandoori we've ever had.... still!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Heswall for the first time in nearly 18 year, I had been waiting for an chance to go back.

This was my local curry house for 17 years and I was made up to seen Ali and his staff were still there and going strong.

I was not let down at all, it was exactly the same, still busy beyond belief, turing people away continuously.

I have the chicken tikka Pasadena and it was delicious.

I will be sure to go back again, sooner next time.

Definitely a place too book a table if in the area.

Honest and unpretentious, tasty food.

Keep up the good work Ali, I was a pleasure to see you again.

Date of visit: August 2018