“Good find”
Review of Seaways Cottage

Seaways Cottage
Ranked #4 of 7 Hoylake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Very effective communication and flexible arrangements make bookings easy. Nice, clean, tidy rooms, good range of breakfast and well located just 5 mins from rail station and beach. Will use again and have just rebooked.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank PhillWheatley
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon when you next come on a course. Query was there any reason you wouldn't recommend us to a friend?

There are newer reviews for Seaways Cottage

Reviewed 16 February 2014

A decent stay at Seaways Cottage - nice and cosy despite the absolutely appalling weather!

Colleen friendly and helpful, sorting out parking and help with getting stuff up and down the stairs.

Slightly taken aback that the double bedroom had no ensuite, but no complaints given the bargain price. Bed was a bit too firm for me (I have a dodgy back), so if that's not for you then take a mattress topper.

But this is a good place to overnight, especially if you don't want to go to a bog standard hotel, which I prefer to avoid. The house was warm and clean, Colleen and Geoffry sweet and helpful, and the breakfast was pretty much 'tell me what you'd like and I'll make it for you'! Just perfect really. I had some fruit in a vague nod towards healthy eating, followed by a couple of Colleen's bacon sandwiches. After a breakfast like that, no hesitation in recommending it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Benjiburner
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your review and glad you enjoyed your stay, sorry you found the bed too firm as there was a mattress topper on it, however if you visit us again I'll make sure you get s softer bed.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My friends from Moscow were visiting, and we decided to go for a bit of a road trip to Liverpool, Manchester and the Peaks. Colleen, is an amazing host: friendly and warm, generous with information about the area, a fantastic breakfast chef, and flexible about all arrangements. Alex and Nastia's one year old was welcomed with open arms (not always the case in B&Bs!) - so we felt very much at home. Our rooms were superb on all fronts, and we didn't lack for anything. Thank you for a lovely, relaxing stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoyed your trip to the Lake district. I thought Yan was really cute

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I am 21 yrs old and stayed at Seaways cottage for about three weeks visiting friends, and I have to say I was very impressed with my stay. Coming from Alberta, Canada and having never been to England before, I felt very welcome and comfortable; The house and rooms were also very clean and well kept. Colleen provided great information regarding places to see and things to do in Hoylake and surrounding area. Breakfast was always ready in the morning and was delicious and very filling. I would recommend Seaways cottage to any international or local traveler looking for a cozy place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jen I
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope your course at Uni is going well and would be delighted to see you again

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at Seaways Cottage with my husband and 9month old daughter in November 2013. Colleen was friendly and welcoming, and our room was clean and comfortable. Colleen also provided a good quality cot, and baby seat at breakfast, at no extra cost. Speaking of breakfast, it was delicious! We would recommend Seaways Cottage to anyone and will definitely return when we next visit the Wirral.

• Stayed: November 2013
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments, you were lovely guests and your daughter is an absolute cutie. I look forward to seeing you all again

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I spent four nights at Seaways Cottage and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone staying on the Wirral.

Colleen is the ideal B&B hostess: easy-going, thoughtful and extremely helpful. My room, a twin, was capacious, comfortable, clean and superbly equipped: there was a small refrigerator, which Colleen kept stocked with a jug of fresh milk and bottles of water; there was Wi-Fi for my laptop, and Colleen kindly showed me how to log on to it (I'm useless at such things).

My room was not en suite, but the clean and comfortable guest bathroom (containing a shower, of course) was just a few steps down the corridor; I happened to be the only guest so I had the bathroom all to myself.

Breakfast was generously portioned, and Colleen offered a wide selection for a cooked breakfast, even for a vegetarian like me. Cereals, fruit salad, fruit juice and tea/coffee were also served or self-served.

Seaways Cottage is very easy to find, only about seven minutes' leisurely walk from Hoylake station. The train service between Liverpool and Hoylake is excellent: every fifteen minutes, with a journey time of around twenty-five minutes. The centre of Hoylake village is surprisingly well served with restaurants, including a very good vegetarian.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on the Wirral, and my accommodation at Seaways Cottage contributed a great deal to the experience. Thank you, Colleen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review, it was a pleasure having you as a guest in our home and do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future

Reviewed 25 July 2013

For anyone visiting The Wirral Festival of Firsts, this is the perfect place to stay. Two minutes from the glorious Wirral Peninsula and close to the railway station for frequent trains in to Liverpool.
Restaurants and shops are close by too.
Seaways Cottage is a quiet and cosy place where you are made to feel very welcome by Colleen and Geoff. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts, Colleen went out of her way to cook me delicious vegetarian breakfasts with organic mushrooms.
Clean, quiet and with off street parking, the perfect place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SheenaEastern
Colleen K, Owner at Seaways Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again - maybe at the next Festival of Firsts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoylake
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake
#1 of 7 in Hoylake
Green Lodge Hotel
Green Lodge Hotel
#5 of 7 in Hoylake

Been to Seaways Cottage? Share your experiences!