Athena's Greek Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The New Athena's Greek restaurant after a long presence on the Hoylake's Market Street, is turning a new page and direction with its new management as from July 2013. It now offers authentic traditional Greek food and unique atmosphere. Our aim is to extend our family traditions of which dining is paramount. All our food is home made, cooked with excellent quality ingredients, and love. We hope to deliver to you that treasured taste and experience, close to home and to your loved ones, right here, in our beautiful Hoylake village.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ordered pork in lemon couldn't taste any lemon the meat was horrible, greasy potatoes didn't finish it. The waiting on staff were trying their best not to make eye contact with 4 of us trying to order desert. Won't be returning.

2  Thank trustedview

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Another visit here, well overdue. Usual warm welcome, good service, and great food. I was a bit disappointed that what I had been looking forward to was no longer on the menu but what I had was still very nice. Nothing too much trouble. Definitely worth a visit !

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Food authentic
Wine lovely
Overall great

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went to this restaurant with hubby. This restaurant has been revamped since we were last here, and I have to say it is looking very fresh and inviting. The owner was very pleasant, but without being pushy. He gave us tips on different foods & beer.

We had a starter of king prawns in a tomato base with feta cheese & Greek feta cheese in filo pastry pastry with honey, sesame & poppy seeds. Main meal aubergines stuffed with onions, garlic & feta & Lamb slow roasted with peppers & roast potatoes. The meal was very tasty and highly recommended. It was a pity the restaurant didn't have more people in and due to the atmosphere it's the only reason why I have not given it full marks.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Revisited to try brand new menu, Fix beer and new wines. The choice of dishes was amazing some I had not tried before but also still some favourites. Tried Fix beer the blonde one is top of my list. Yannis the owner and the staff as always charming and happy to offer advice. Will be going back to try other new dishes.