“Great food and friendly welcome”
Review of Azure Mediteranean Restaurant - CLOSED

Azure Mediteranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We have been here two or three times since it changed from Antep.

The menu is a Mediterranean one rather than specifically Turkish and it offers good choices. On this occasion I had the garlic sausage with a salad garnish for a starter and my wife had the king prawn. We had some very nice olives while we were waiting for the starter. Both the starters were tasty.

My main course was the seafood guvec and my wife had a chicken kebab dish. Again both were good tasting. They come complete with rice and salad. The mains were very filling as well as tasty.

It was hard to fit in, but we had baklava and cream for dessert. It is very sweet, but I can't resist baklava.

I think we paid about £50 including a very nice bottle of wine and some sparkling water.

Nice restaurant. We will keep going.

3  Thank Malpoet

Reviewed 13 September 2015

This was our 3rd trip to Azure.
Good welcome from staff and excellent food.
Fresh cod or lamb chops not to be missed

4  Thank Rosaline G
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Visited mid week, we were the only customers whole time we were there.
Staff greeted us at the door and very attentive throughout our meal.
Food was lovely, would recommend the houmos !
Main courses delicious, especially the guvec. Monkfish and king prawn main course very tasty but needed a sauce of some kind as quite dry to swallow with rice and pitta bread.
Overall good value, drinks reasonably priced.
Decor was quite simple and lacked atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

We used to eat here a lot when we lived in Hoylake, both in the restaurant and also for takeaways. I've visited Turkey several times for work and the food is just as good here as anything I've eaten in Istanbul. Highly recommended and it's about time we visited again.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Really nice. meal very filling. Our second visit since taken over by azure. well worth a visit.
We have come back today Sunday but unfortunately not open. We will return.
took my daughter and son in law. They loved it

1  Thank Jenni W