“Fab food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went here for a well earned break from our arduous bike ride and boy were we pleased we did . Only had coffee and cake but what cake all homemade and exceptionally yummy . Staff were superb , very helpful and chatty ( you must ask owner to tell you his Billy Demo story , very funny , and very local ) . The savoury pies looked fantastic so that will be our reason for a return ASAP . All in all fab food supplied by fab people , keep up the good work Chantilly .

1  Thank Mike N

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The comments of the two ladies, below, strongly suggest that their visit coincided with our first visit to the Chantilly. In order to provide some balance, we would have to say that, at no time did we hear or observe any unpleasantness from staff or adverse reactions from customers. This, despite one of the kiddies being a "little" boisterous but isn't this what happy kids do? From our observations the children certainly enjoyed themselves!
Our experience was so enjoyable that we've returned a number of times already and will go again! The food is excellent, the cakes are superb, particularly the tarts, warmed with custard!
We can't fault the service either, speedy, efficient and friendly!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I hate recommending Chantilly's - because it just means more people will go and I might not get in. However I felt compelled to respond to a previous reviewer who said it's not 'child friendly'. As a regular I witness a wonderful mix of generations - old and young - but young children are always especially made welcome - hence the 'high chairs and toys'. Obviously getting a 'little vocal' is tolerated but actively encouraging your child to scream? Perhaps not. By the way, the frowns were aimed at the parents not the children. But happily, as is their right, they choose not to go again... more room for those that do. Everyone's a winner.

4  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

entered Chantilly waved to friend the went to toilet. As I entered one of the staff said can I help you
I said I was just using the toilet and my friend was sitting over there.As she obviously thought I was just using facilities. Next when we made an order. when it arrived we asked for some spoons/forks and in a rude manner waitress replied i'll get them in a minute. She blamed the baby for startling her because he was very vocal. all in all was not impressed with staff and will not be going again. one good point the food was acceptable.

1  Thank jan996
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Yes I agree the cakes were wonderful but, we went in with a 1 year and 3 year old they were very well behaved but a little vocal as children are and we were continually looked at and frowned upon. I asked for a teaspoon and was snapped at "yes I will get it in a minute". Perhaps if you don't want children in there don't supply high chairs and toys!!! We won't go in there again.

1  Thank Kate W