“Amazing experience!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I went to Monte Carlo with my boyfriend and have to say we both had a truly lovely evening. Both of our meals were amazing, without breaking the bank. You can tell all the food is prepared fresh in the kitchen, each bite so flavoursome. I would highly recommend the monk fish as a main. My boyfriend had the steak, so juicy and cooked perfectly. As the weathers been so lovely we booked a table outside. All the staff were very attentive, never letting our drinks empty, and even having a laugh with us at the table. This is most definitely the nicest restaurant I have been to over in the Wirrel and we will be returning for many more enjoyable evenings!

1  Thank NaomiJames

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visited this restaurant during the open golf tournament having eaten before and found it to be very reasonable. I found that the breakfast which I had previously paid 7.95 for was now 12.95. On further investigation I discovered that they had left the pre golf menu under the new one and everything had gone up, although only by a pound. I have frequently eaten there on a Monday and have taken advantage of the Monday night offer but will avoid in future. The breakfast was nice, but not worth 12.95, more like 6.95.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Called here for a coffee and thought the place was superb - looks great and very well presented. The waiter couldnt have been more pleasant and was so nice greeting other people to the restaurant. He obviously had a good following and was so helpful and charming to a group of very slow older persons.The coffee was excellent and would be returning to sample the food. Everything very clean and crisp.

1  Thank Howard-Liverpool
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I think the service is brilliant, very welcoming, very old school. But the food is sadly average that's all i can say about it, not good not bad, not memorable. They have to many offers during the week which reduces there price point, so you always feel your paying to much if you go on a weekend.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Eaten there a few times, with Wife and friends, but after my experience last Monday, I will not be visiting again. I was disappointed by the abrupt greeting from the only staff member who appeared to be on duty and I was left standing without explanation. He appeared overwhelmed by the customers present and I could see that his response to them was equally abrupt and by the look on their faces, you could see he'd obviously upset them. It seems to have really gone down hill in recent months. Food has only ever been passable and never warranted a reward for cullinary talent. My advice would be to leave the steak offering well alone!
Mine was tough and cooked incorrectly. Probably the worst steak I have ever had at a restaurant. Bit like Hoylake Lights but more expensive!

One good thing though was Nigel and even he's gone apparently.

Run on a shoe string and it shows! What a shame there is no real idea of how to purvey quality Italian cuisine Like Lino, or Franco could aspire to.

Woe betide them when all the real money people swoop on Hoylake during the Open this weekend.

These Professionals are going to expect high class cuisine.

It's a shame Lino's is so small, whilst there are so many hungry International Sports people and entourage to be fed in the not so distant future!.

Just like a school report, "Could do better"