“Still number 1”

Wirral Tandoori
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Bromborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Good Indian food but the decor and the staff need improving.
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I had my first ever Indian cuisine here 10 years ago.

Husband decided to take me to reminisce.

My palate has developed ever so slightly. Still not a spicy fan so I normally opt for a passandra or a korma.

Hubby convinced me to eat some tandoori chicken and some chicken chaat. It was delicious.

Great service.

Reasonably priced.

Staff happy to call a taxi if needed.

There are newer reviews for Wirral Tandoori

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have visited here a few times as people rave about it, each experience has been the same.
Service is good waiters very polite and helpful.

The place itself is a bit tired, looks quite cheap but perfectly adequate.

On my last visit the diet coke was flat and warm, wine was not great.

Food is ok, perfectly Edible but certainly nothing special, having been to many of the new places locally and in Liverpool it's not in the same league.

The mango chutney is watered down and probably from a jar.

Overall it's ok with the right company you can have a very nice out but it's nothing special.

Average at best.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband have always been regulars of the Wirral Tandoori since we moved over in 2006. I was disappointed to see the recent comments as it's always been an excellent choice for us. We went tonight and as I've always experienced, the service was excellent and the food tasty and we'll cooked. I had the tandoori king prawns which were delicious and huge, my husband had murgh masala which was meaty and full flavored. The garlic fried rice is a must, and though we didn't have it tonight the coriander naan is awesome. The only restaurant we've gone back to time and time again, and we like to eat out! Let's not forget the free brandy and liquor with the bill :) As a local, I'd highly recommend it and know we'll be going back time and again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A very disappointing evening, having to wait for over an hour before our food is served due to take-away customers taking president is not what I expect from a well organised restaurant. Then finding the WIRRAL SPECIAL MASALA not to be special, but tasteless, bland and lacking texture, coupled to appalling Chardonnay House Wine, turned the whole meal experience into an expensive farce. The Wirral Tandoori Restaurant is a million miles away from being a special experience that it used to be in the past. NOT RECOMMENDED !

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not up to glowing reviews lamb tikka masala tough swimming in bright red sauce and chicken jaal special overpowers by lemon everything else average and not worth £45 for a curry and a few beers for two