“If we could give a ten star rating we would!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodlands Guest House

Woodlands Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bromborough
Woodlands Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Bromborough B&B and Inns
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“If we could give a ten star rating we would!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

We have now had the pleasure of staying over night on two sepatate occasions in this lovely B/B with Thora and Spencer as our hosts.
As our visits to The Wirral were to attend the hospital for treatment, everything about our visit was a bit daunting. Once though we arrived at Woodlands, and Thora's cheery smile and the warmest of greetings helped to lift the spirits.
It is the attention to many small details, the cleanliness, the freshness, the warmth, the facilities, and the amazing value for money that makes this Guest House stand alone.
We were recommended to it (by a very particular and pernickity person!) so its not just us who think its tops.
Luckily (or unluckily - depends how you view it), we will be returning to The Wirral for check-ups over the next five years, so will hopefully have the pleasure of many more overnight stays......They say every cloud has a silver lining! Being recommended to contact Thora and experience her hospitality has been ours!! Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Some rooms have ensuites. Some dont, but the bathroom is nice and close at hand so there is not real...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Suzanne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Isle of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I cannot recomend this guest house highly enough. Thora and Spencer make a great team giving the warmest of welcomes and their kindness and care to all who stay is second to none.
As a lady staying away from home from the Isle of Man and going for treament i valued their support and knowledge of the area. With excellent breakfasts and a cleaner than clean rooms i would say that this little guest house is on par with some of the top hotels.

Thank you for turning a trauma into a pleasure.

Anne

Room Tip: This is right on the A41 which makes it really easy to travel to Chester, Birkenhead and to the Hosp...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Popadople
Grimsby, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

If you think all guest houses are the same, think again. This hidden gem would put many hotels to shame. Beautifully designed & decorated rooms with clean and modern look. A charming & friendly owner who couldn't be more helpful. Ample parking for half a dozen cars as well as free street parking. This guest house is minutes away from Liverpool (via underground rail), historic Chester with its delightful shops and lovely North Wales right on the doorstep. Bromborough Village is a short walk away, with a good selection of shops and there are several restaurants nearby. I can recommend a visit to unspoilt Parkgate, which overlooks the River Dee and you can try the local homemade ice cream while watching the glorious sunset over the marshes. You couldn't ask for more. The B&B prices will come as a very nice surprise! A very family friendly place that is highly recommended. Give my regards to Thora when you see her.

Room Tip: The guest house is situated close to a main road but traffic noise is not intrusive. Ask for a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank davidjames47
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I hope this is not the second review I have sent for this property...I typed a big long review on 28th October but it seems not to have reached this point so here goes again! This is a brilliant guest house. I was in the area visiting a new baby. My friend saw this b & b and thought it looked good from the outside. I could not get in on the first night I wanted and stayed in Bebington, which was okay, but more expensive for a smaller room with less facilities and certainly not as good as this one. The owner Thora is a bubbly wee character and the room I had - room 4 on the ground floor was just lovely. Everything looked new and was spotless. Loads of sockets for various electrical chargers, a good reading light by the bed, a powerful albeit noisy shower, and a decent size kettle and nice cups to make a cup of tea - yes I am difficult to please! Okay the house is on the corner of the Old Chester Road and you can hear the traffic..but if you close the double glazed windows it is not a problem. There is a comfortable guest lounge with a TV but there are televisions in the bedrooms. You dont have WIFI but I had a dongle for my iPad so wasnt too bothered about that. The breakfast was more than adequate for anyone and very well cooked and presented. A really nice comfortable atmosphere in the house. My husband threw a bit of a spanner in the works when he decided to come down and surprise me on my last night...but he phoned Thora and she kept the secret and just put additional towels etc in the bedroom so as not to spoil the surprise. It is within a 5 minute drive (15 minute walk) of Bromborough Railway station with free parking and 4 trains per hour to Liverpool and Chester so you dont even have to take your car if you want to explore the city. Cheshire Oaks shopping outlets are about 15 minutes down the motorway, but be warned, they are mobbed on a Sunday! I will most definitely go back and use this as a base..just hope I can get in next time after giving such a positive review :-) Ev

Room Tip: I was in room 4 on the ground floor by the door but wasnt disturbed at all by any of the other guest...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ev
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

My husband, 3 year old son and I stayed here in October as my husband was running the Liverpool marathon. Even on booking the accommodation I couldn't have asked for better service from Thora.
When we arrived we were shown to our room and was very impressed with the standard of room, lovely bright and clean. Absaloutely wonderful.
The price is outstanding and you get breakfast included too, which was lovely! And she even got up at the crack of dawn as we had a very early start for the marathon day.
I would 100% recommend woodlands guest house, we will definately go back.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank hck80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,115 reviews
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Port Sunlight

Been to Woodlands Guest House? Share your experiences!