“balti at its best”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
wirral merseyside united kingdom
“balti at its best”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

indian food at its best...Service excellent food really good..menu a little to many items made it really hard to choose but when food arrived it was delicious.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank maggie416

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Bland, cold, Worst takeaway I have had in a long time!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had heard such great things about the spice garden even from my partner who visited at xmas with her work and said it was gorgeous. However I will never order from here again. The food was awful, the worst I have had in a long time, no taste to any of the meals and Luke warm. I should of rang back and complained!!? Even my partner who gave me a glowing review of this place said it was awful. Such a shame as it ruined my night. I should of stuck to my guns and ordered from the Garam Masala in Bromborough, never had a bad meal from there. I have read previous reviews and people love the meals from here? The only thing I can think of is we must of been the 1st order of the night as we rang up and ordered when it opened, and they used the previous days left overs and reheated??? Never again! :(

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Nigsy2008
Wirral
“Visited many times”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have visited this restaurant many times as we live 5 minutes walk away. It's a great family run Restaurant serving consistently good food in a fast and friendly manner. We know the staff well and are always very well looked after.

I am Vegetarian and often struggle to find good quality food in restaurants let alone a choice. The Spice Garden's menu is varied and they are happy to accommodate any request in meal or heat level.

Their most recent member of staff has a good knowledge of traditional Bangladesh cuisine and often brings out an extra side dish for us to try.

All this along with complimentary fruit and an after dinner drink gives rise to a very pleasant evening which is all the more surprising given the extremely good value for money.

If you are in the area I would recommend a visit. Tell Kolil I sent you!

3 Thank Sue D
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Have been to better”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have been here a couple of times, but I must say that I have been to better! The service was very good, but on both occasions the food was bland. We ordered several vegetarian dishes asking for them to be fairly hot, but not mouth burning. They were all extremely mild and several tasted the same! After the first visit we thought that it might have been a one off, but after the second!! We did tell them and were given a plate of chilli to put into the dishes, but obviously, this chilli should be cooked into the food. I don't think we will be returning another time.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank unicorn956
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Went on a whim one Sunday evening which turned out to be a buffet evening but they still do their a la carte menu so we opted for that. The restaurant is quite narrow with a conservatory added at the back which gives the restaurant some much needed light. Décor could do with a bit of a make over.

The menu is typical indian fare - the poppadums were above average but the onion bhajis were dry and in need of the poppadum sauces. Main courses were mixed - murgi marsala was quite tasty but the dansak was a let down. Service was friendly enough but overall the place is a bit drab and not good enough to make me go back again.

• Visited August 2013