“Still the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Spice Garden
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Bromborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wirral, UK
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Rather than eating in, we had our meal delivered to us at home last night. The Spice Garden had run out of our first choice of Starter, so we chose another, & the gentleman who took our order on the telephone was so Apologetic, but it really wasn't a problem. So much to choose from!

Our second choice was more money than our first, but he insisted that we pay the price of our first choice, & once again - he apologised.

When the order arrived (very quickly considering they were very busy), they had included popadoms & chutneys on the house.... as another kind gesture for the lack of first choice of starter. I went to tip the gentleman who delivered, but he tried so hard to refuse it...... Saying it wasn't necessary, but I did it because I wanted to - super service deserves a tip.

And - Super food as usual, including the lovely starter! - the best Balti in the area, & fantastic customer service. They couldn't have done any better. Thank you Spice Garden.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Crustie

Bebington, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I have been visiting The Spice Garden for a number of years. We are always made welcome, and the staff and level of service is excellent. The menu is varied and there is something for every taste. The staff are always on hand to advise on dishes. Of all the restaurants we have visited, the standard of service is at the highest level - we always feel welcome no matter what time of evening. A great place to eat and relax, and there's always interesting conversation with the various members of staff and owner. Well done and looking forward to visiting again, with friends, tomorrow evening.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trevor W
wirral merseyside united kingdom
“balti at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

indian food at its best...Service excellent food really good..menu a little to many items made it really hard to choose but when food arrived it was delicious.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank maggie416
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Bland, cold, Worst takeaway I have had in a long time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had heard such great things about the spice garden even from my partner who visited at xmas with her work and said it was gorgeous. However I will never order from here again. The food was awful, the worst I have had in a long time, no taste to any of the meals and Luke warm. I should of rang back and complained!!? Even my partner who gave me a glowing review of this place said it was awful. Such a shame as it ruined my night. I should of stuck to my guns and ordered from the Garam Masala in Bromborough, never had a bad meal from there. I have read previous reviews and people love the meals from here? The only thing I can think of is we must of been the 1st order of the night as we rang up and ordered when it opened, and they used the previous days left overs and reheated??? Never again! :(

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nigsy2008
Wirral
“Visited many times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have visited this restaurant many times as we live 5 minutes walk away. It's a great family run Restaurant serving consistently good food in a fast and friendly manner. We know the staff well and are always very well looked after.

I am Vegetarian and often struggle to find good quality food in restaurants let alone a choice. The Spice Garden's menu is varied and they are happy to accommodate any request in meal or heat level.

Their most recent member of staff has a good knowledge of traditional Bangladesh cuisine and often brings out an extra side dish for us to try.

All this along with complimentary fruit and an after dinner drink gives rise to a very pleasant evening which is all the more surprising given the extremely good value for money.

If you are in the area I would recommend a visit. Tell Kolil I sent you!

3 Thank Sue D