I spent 2 nights here in early October, and can see why this place is called The Village.
There's so much going on here, it can be quite busy when you step through the doors - there's a Spa/gym, a bar, a Starbucks, a restaurant, and the hotel itself - which also offers the standard conference and wedding/celebration packages too.
Despite all this going on, the trip through reception was swift and easy, the only downside being that they can't take a debit card for any food or extras on the room - just credit cards.
when I stayed there was a conference on at the same time, so the hotel was busy - and pretty much totally full, which is why I assume I ended up with a family room.
Not bad as far as space and comfort went for myself, but had I been travelling with my husband I would have been a bit annoyed at not having a proper double bed - what I got was 2 singles pushed together and made up as a double.
I was on my own though, and had a nice spacious room with a good dining table/working area, and a large sofa.
There's good wardrobe/hanging space, and plenty of drawers for clothing & storing general 'stuff'
The hotel has free wifi throughout, and I was getting a decent strength signal too.
There are a few other points that the hotel should have a look at improving though.
As i said, I was in a family room, but if I was staying with children I would not have been happy with the level of noise coming from the spin class in the gym - it was loud enough to be able to make out the instructors shouted instructions and the dance music that they were working out to, this went on till about 19:45 both evenings.
When I called down to reception they did offer to move me the following day, but there were no more rooms available that evening - not a problem for me when I was told the finish time for the class, but I wouldn't be wanting small children trying to sleep in there with that going on - better noise insulation please!
The TV was new, but the remote control was missing the battery cover, and there were definitely less channels than I've found in other hotels. Several that were available weren't particularly clear either. I also noticed that there were poorly filled screw holes in the top of the unit the TV was sat on.
And finally - there are almost no plug sockets!
In the room I stayed in, there was 1 plug socket available, really - 1!
This single socket had to be used for the kettle, the hairdryer, powering my laptop, and charging my mobile.
I assume the cleaners have to use this for the hoover too...
I looked behing the bed, the tables, the units - nothing!
Everything else electrical was wired direct into the walls - and this really was the only available plug socket.
Maybe other rooms have more?
but this one definitely didn't - which seems very strange given how reliant we are these days on being able to plug things in
I did have a really good nights sleep though, and that's the main thing.
The bathroom was also clean and functional, with decent waterpressure on the shower (the showerhead could have done with a bit of a descale if I'm honest, but it worked)
Breakfast was also hot and filling, there was plenty of choice, and the cooked food was tasty and hot. It does help if you're there first thing though I guess.
All in all - I'd stay here again, but there are a few things they need to work on.
This could be a really nice hotel, but these few niggles are just really letting it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Wirral is only minutes from the M53 and is an ideal location from which to discover the Wirral Peninsula and all that North Wales has to offer. Then there's the historic Roman City of Chester in one direction, the bustling city of Liverpool in the other. Between them, they'll provide hours of fun and entertainment for all the family. Village Hotel Wirral has 117 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Wirral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devere Village Hotel And Leisure Club Wirral
- Village Hotel Leisure Wirral
- Village Hotel Bromborough