Average hotel with some good points but some flaws the management and designers might like to look at.
Firstly, when you arrive you have to walk through a cloud of smoke as all the smokers congregate outside the front door. This also creates the problem of smoke blowing into the hotel giving the whole ground floor a smell of cigarettes.
We had an upper-deck room but walking to the room meant walking down corridors that felt like the could do with some TLC. The bathroom was large and spacious and well decorated. There was a large shower was over the bath which was very nice. However, the shower screen was totally inadequate and the bathroom got wet when you used the shower. To make matters worse, the soap dispenser and controls were at the other end of the bath which meant walking on the slippy bath surface.
The bed was large and comfortable and although the TV was large, the picture quality was poor. The BOSE ipod player was a great bonus. The room was very hot and the window only opened about 2 inches. The air conditioning unit only went as low as 19 degrees and was very noisy. The tea and coffee contained a good selection and the bottled water was welcome. However, the wardrobe only had 4 coat hangers, no good if you're staying more than 1 night.
The swimming pool was totally unsupervised with loads of kids running around and jumping in despite the signs saying not to. The steam room and Jacuzzi were good but the whole spa area felt less than luxurious.
We didn't eat at the hotel but we did have one drink in the bar. The reason we only had one was because beer was £3.95 a pint and lager £3.45. £7.50 for two drinks is extortionate and, being on the ground floor, the bar smelt of cigarette smoke.
In all, a reasonable stay and if we were in the area we may stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Wirral is only minutes from the M53 and is an ideal location from which to discover the Wirral Peninsula and all that North Wales has to offer. Then there's the historic Roman City of Chester in one direction, the bustling city of Liverpool in the other. Between them, they'll provide hours of fun and entertainment for all the family. Village Hotel Wirral has 117 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Wirral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devere Village Hotel And Leisure Club Wirral
- Village Hotel Leisure Wirral
- Village Hotel Bromborough