“Brilliant girly weekend away”

Village Hotel Wirral
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 12th April 2014 with 5 of my friends. We went for my birthday and wanted to stay at a spa hotel and then to go into Liverpool in the evening.

We never actually made the swimming pool because we had lunch at the hotel and it was a lovely day so we stayed in the restaurant having a few drinks. The Hotel staff were lovely and they had a Starbucks Coffee within the hotel. Booking a taxi from reception was great and it wasn't too far away for us to get into Liverpool. Breakfast was in the Italian Restaurant within the Hotel and that was lovely too. Again all the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay again and I would stay as a couple of even take the kids for a weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was a bit sceptical about this hotel after I had read some of the reviews!! however we had a lovely stay here. we upgraded to upper deck rooms which I am glad that I did so because the rooms were lovely! I agree that some areas of the hotel could do with a spruce up. food in the restaurant was nice as was the breakfast the following day.
during our stay wevmanaged to make use of the leisure facilities in fact that is why we stay at village resorts!
I would stay here again but only in upper deck!!
the only negative point about our stay was the mix up in the spa with our booking. Had to make do without my massage which I was really disapointed as they were unable to offer any alternatives!!

Room Tip: upgrade to upper deck is a must!
1  Thank Joness247
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Im not sure what some guests have to moan about??? Room 311 beautifully clean, all the mod cons you want (inc Bose docking station). Reception staff amazing, booked us a taxi, morning paper act… Had some food in the attached pub/bar, all nice and freshly cooked. Taxi into Liverpool cost us 13.00 to the Echo arena, not bad. Breakfast was excellent, buffet style with everything a hungry tummy could want. All good, didn't use the swimming pool, spa etc…(didn't have the time) but looked fabulous! Would I stay again…YES. Thank You all at the Wirral.

Room Tip: 311 great room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LLB2013
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Booked a 3 night B & B break with my wife - the intention being a nice, leisurely change from the humdrum of daily life and work. What a disappointment - I cannot fault the staff, all being courteous and helpful, but the rooms could do with refurbishing, being rather dull, dreary and uninspiring. (The bed itself not being attached to the headboard and prone to move away from the wall not a good idea, and only one electric socket in the room not very clever in the 21st century - mobile phones, iPads etc.) However, the ultimate disappointment - and the one which lead to our checking out and going home a day early - was the noise from a disco being held on the ground floor on our second night. Impossible to settle down and sleep I contacted the reception just before midnight and was told the music would cease at one o'clock. The receptionist did enquire if we had been offered "a quiet room" when making the reservation, which we had not - had this happened then I might have looked for alternative accommodation if there was the slightest chance there would be noise disturbance.
So, next time back to the tried and trusted old favourite, Premier Inn and their "Good Night Guarantee".

1  Thank gwerthwrtai
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed Grand National weekend when the hotel was nearly full. Our room was in the wing separate to the main hotel, the room was fine, bed comfortable, only complaint was room was very warm.
We got a taxi to Port Sunlight train station to get into Liverpool city, approx £3.50 return. It takes about 15 mins.
We ate in Bucca Di Bepe restaurant in the evening and the food was really good. However the breakfast was bland, sausages were poor quality and the bacon was still moving!
Overall we enjoyed our stay. If you don't want to use the pool or leisure facilities you may as well book into the Travelodge opposite.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here on a shift rotation since June, with about 20 colleagues.
The standard rooms were a bit tired but clean and comfortable. The upper deck rooms were lovely.
Staff were brilliant, food was good (but repetitive with being there so long) but all in all we were all sorry to leave when we moved our site. I'd definitely stay there again if we ever need to. My only problem was the noise, as we were always up early in the morning for work, sometimes 4am, 7 days a week. So when the hotel had had some entertainment on or the guests in the room next to me were staying over to go into Liverpool or drink I was constantly woken up, however I did eventually get used to the noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel get noise from the squash courts behind. Rooms at the front over the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

During my business stay for just shy of a month I stayed in three different rooms within the hotel.

First few nights I was given a room that was on the first floor above the Gym. I felt like someone was playing squash against the room wall - no it wasn't the couple next door!
The room was very basic with several maintenance requirements especially to the bathroom door.
Second stay - This time on the second floor so much quieter but this time the rooom had bad mould around the window, plaster coming away from the wall. Bathroom door in poor state of repair. Pubes in the bath.
Final stay - I was given a room towards the new build. Looked fantastic on the eye but unfortunatley the bathroom drains stink and although I spoke to the reception and they came with some freshener and drain cleaner the smell just wont go.
Gym - the weights need tidying up some very tatty bits of rubber chewed away. Otherwise fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Port Sunlight
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Village Hotel Wirral? Share your experiences!