Our first time here and, after spending the last week at a 5 star resort in a Melia hotel in Chiclana De la Fontera in Spain, these two nights were always going to be an unfair contrast. We were a family party of 4 and immediately at check-in were informed that the 2 rooms we requested were to be situated at the entire opposite ends of the building...not a good start. Breakfast we were informed was 7-10:30am. Make a note of that info...!
The facilities were good and largely used by outsiders who had bought membership. That was OK as there was company throughout the gym, sauna and swimming pools. My daughter is 13 but she could only use these facilities from 9-12. A bit restricting really.
On the second day we got up at 9am to have a quick swim as a family before returning to our rooms to pack up before going to an eagerly anticipated hot breakfast. ONLY TO FIND IT ALL FINISHED AT 9:30am. We were not happy. 10;30am finish is only for week-ends and bank holidays! I thought that rather harsh.
In fairness the manager, Peter, dealt with our situation very well, was sympathetic as well as apologetic and, besides deducting the amount from our bill, informed the Starbucks cafe in the foyer to provide us with anything we wanted.
This hotel has a new extension (rooms numbered 400+.)with larger rooms and better facilities. The rooms here are much better than the old rooms which were disappointing. The TV is archaic.
The one saving grace of this hotel were the staff who were all delightful. They had a great sense of humour and were extremely helpful. That is it's saving grace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Wirral is only minutes from the M53 and is an ideal location from which to discover the Wirral Peninsula and all that North Wales has to offer. Then there's the historic Roman City of Chester in one direction, the bustling city of Liverpool in the other. Between them, they'll provide hours of fun and entertainment for all the family. Village Hotel Wirral has 117 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Village Hotel Wirral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devere Village Hotel And Leisure Club Wirral
- Village Hotel Leisure Wirral
- Village Hotel Bromborough