“Friendliest Hotel yet”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
London, United Kingdom
“Friendliest Hotel yet”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our first time here and, after spending the last week at a 5 star resort in a Melia hotel in Chiclana De la Fontera in Spain, these two nights were always going to be an unfair contrast. We were a family party of 4 and immediately at check-in were informed that the 2 rooms we requested were to be situated at the entire opposite ends of the building...not a good start. Breakfast we were informed was 7-10:30am. Make a note of that info...!
The facilities were good and largely used by outsiders who had bought membership. That was OK as there was company throughout the gym, sauna and swimming pools. My daughter is 13 but she could only use these facilities from 9-12. A bit restricting really.
On the second day we got up at 9am to have a quick swim as a family before returning to our rooms to pack up before going to an eagerly anticipated hot breakfast. ONLY TO FIND IT ALL FINISHED AT 9:30am. We were not happy. 10;30am finish is only for week-ends and bank holidays! I thought that rather harsh.
In fairness the manager, Peter, dealt with our situation very well, was sympathetic as well as apologetic and, besides deducting the amount from our bill, informed the Starbucks cafe in the foyer to provide us with anything we wanted.
This hotel has a new extension (rooms numbered 400+.)with larger rooms and better facilities. The rooms here are much better than the old rooms which were disappointing. The TV is archaic.
The one saving grace of this hotel were the staff who were all delightful. They had a great sense of humour and were extremely helpful. That is it's saving grace.

Room Tip: Ask for accommodation in the new wing. These rooms are MUCH better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marti m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Spent 2 nights at the hotel as part of a deal £99.
Amazed. From check in to check out, we thought the place was great.
Staff were super friendly, couldn't do enough for you, and they were really sorry that they didnt have any toothpaste to give me (when I realised at 11pm I had forgotten to pack it), even offered to go to the local 24hr Asda.
We booked a family room for the 3 of us, I called the night before and organised a cot, it was there set up ready for us. I was surprised by the size of the room, it was massive.
Hot breakfast was good but my son was disappointed there wasn't any weetabix!
We ate in the hotel in the bar area one of the nights, the food was good value and a wide selection. I think they had just introduced a new menu.
The leisure facilities are really popular aside from the hotel guests as they have a big membership base. We enjoyed the pool facilities.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, in fact I look forward to it.
The staff make this place.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will be quieter, though we didn't have any trouble sleeping in ou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We held the post-funeral get together for my father-in law at this hotel. About 40 guests on a Wednesday afternoon.
Everything was superb. We chose the fare from a set buffet menu which contained both hot and cold items . We also added sweet snacks to the menu for a little extra cost.
The most outstanding feature of the afternoon was the service. The staff were responsive, courteous and warm and added many personal touches. The food was excellent. Frankly, I was surprised at this, expecting something rather ordinary at the price. The portions were generous and it was beautifully laid out . The sandwiches were to be free flowing but we couldn't get through the first tranche.
The conservatory area set aside for us was great for the English spring time. There was an inside area where the food was served and an outside decked area with seating and tables. We had privacy from the general public but were able to access the hotel amenities.
The staff cleared away around us and brought fresh crockery, tea, coffee etc as and when.
The price was very fair and all the organisation was done for us. Free ample parking made it easy for our guests to come from the funeral itself under their own steam. It couldn't have been better and I would highly recommend this hotel for any small function or gathering.

Room Tip: We didn't have a room as this was a function not a stay. The conservatory was the room we used a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RokkoAl
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I booked this hotel via late rooms and it stated that to get the deal the Village Hotel want you to pay immediately.
I agreed and thought nothing of it - then two months later the payment came out. I complained that the Village Hotel had broke their contract we had made in terms of payments and they kindly refunded me 50% of my room charge and also put a bottle of wine in there.

The hotel itself in terms of the "Upper Deck" is lovely, the beds are exceptionally comfortable. The staff are extra friendly and attentive

My only complaints were the cooked breakfast was pretty awful, but the cold breakfast made up for it.
Also the hotel is like a maze and lacks signage - we actually met two other familys in different parts of the hotel who were just as lost and confused as us ..... but added to the fun

If you can get a good deal on this hotel its a lovely place to stay, and really close to the fantastic town of Chester which is just beautiful, and Cheshire Oakes Shopping Park

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Upper Deck
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie B
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here previously on business, and this second stay was just as comfortable as the previous time.
Check in can be a bit busy, and the hotel reception is in a foyer shared access for the leisure club, restaurant, bar and coffee shop, but the staff are swift, friendly and professional.
The rooms are adequately sized, clean and comfortable, but do need a bit of updating - especially given that so many people travel with items needing charging
MORE PLUG SOCKETS PLEASE!
this is my only gripe about the rooms in this hotel though, anything else is simply a bit of cosmetic work.
The bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure - so important in a hotel bathroom.

We ate in the bar, and the food was tasty and the portions more than big enough.
Breakfast is in the main restaurant, and is buffet style with the option of a few special requests. Hot and well cooked food, masses of choice, and attentive staff.
Once again I had a good nights sleep, and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, away from the leisure club. Take a USB cable to charge your phone - plug...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 12th April 2014 with 5 of my friends. We went for my birthday and wanted to stay at a spa hotel and then to go into Liverpool in the evening.

We never actually made the swimming pool because we had lunch at the hotel and it was a lovely day so we stayed in the restaurant having a few drinks. The Hotel staff were lovely and they had a Starbucks Coffee within the hotel. Booking a taxi from reception was great and it wasn't too far away for us to get into Liverpool. Breakfast was in the Italian Restaurant within the Hotel and that was lovely too. Again all the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay again and I would stay as a couple of even take the kids for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was a bit sceptical about this hotel after I had read some of the reviews!! however we had a lovely stay here. we upgraded to upper deck rooms which I am glad that I did so because the rooms were lovely! I agree that some areas of the hotel could do with a spruce up. food in the restaurant was nice as was the breakfast the following day.
during our stay wevmanaged to make use of the leisure facilities in fact that is why we stay at village resorts!
I would stay here again but only in upper deck!!
the only negative point about our stay was the mix up in the spa with our booking. Had to make do without my massage which I was really disapointed as they were unable to offer any alternatives!!

Room Tip: upgrade to upper deck is a must!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joness247
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Leasowe Castle Hotel
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leasowe
Village Hotel Liverpool

Been to Village Hotel Wirral? Share your experiences!