Had a short one week visit here 3rd week in May 2014. Immediate competition in the area is the Premier Inn & Travel Lodge. Have stayed at the Premier Inn.. but would place the Village Resort a way ahead in terms of comfort, facilities & Service. The indoor Pool & keep-fit facilities are 1st class ! Breakfast is included and this also is well presented with all the normal stuff plus porridge & poached egg made to order. Waiters could not be nicer and look out for ‘John’ .. always ‘bouncing’ around—full of good cheer & laughs. In fact all of the staff at this hotel are excellent; cheerful & always willing to help.
We had a room on the 2nd floor.. just above reception facing the Travel Lodge. In spite of the room being front facing, the dble glazing ensured a quiet sleep. The Room is large, but if there are two of you and you like a bit of space, the bed is a standard dble bed, which I found to be a bit small for a hotel of this standard. Tea, Coffee & Kettle are all supplied. Free WiFi.. but sometimes difficult to get connected at peak periods.
First visit to this little corner of England.. very nice & clean. Make sure you visit ‘Port Sunlight’ , 15 min walk from the hotel. Asda & plenty of shops are nearby & a 30 min drive on M53 takes you to Cheshire Oaks, which claims the largest M&S in the UK ! Looking for Fish & Chips? [ Turn left out of the hotel, onto A41, go along the junction of the Asda Complex( @ McDonalds); turn right & then first left into Bromborough Village... Best Fish & Chips I’ve tasted for some time.. the shop is immediately facing MATALAN).
If you are driving on the A41, exercise special care, notoriously high accident rate.. they drive much too fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Wirral is only minutes from the M53 and is an ideal location from which to discover the Wirral Peninsula and all that North Wales has to offer. Then there's the historic Roman City of Chester in one direction, the bustling city of Liverpool in the other. Between them, they'll provide hours of fun and entertainment for all the family. Village Hotel Wirral has 117 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Wirral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devere Village Hotel And Leisure Club Wirral
- Village Hotel Leisure Wirral
- Village Hotel Bromborough