Hey you men & women out there, went to a theme night last Sat 5th July called Bogie nights with my wife. I did expect to end up on a large round table or long table with others but a nice surprise we had a small table for two. The room held approx 250 people I was one of 3 men!! The whole theme night was about hen parties or if not just large groups of women. I guess average age 28 years old. For any small minority of single men I guess it would have been a dream come true but not for me or my wife or the table of 4 next to us with two other couples on it.
The food for £20 each was unbelievable awful, First course thin tomatoy sort of soup, no bread roll just a boring tasteless bowl of tinned soup with maybe two small croutons. Main course had to be seen to be believed it was 3 mashy roast potatoes with a very small quantity of carrot and mixed beans, about a desert spoonful on the plate, the chicken was a average piece of chicken skinned breast meat that had just been put in the oven and cooked with no sauce or seasoning at all, both of ours was the texture of cardboard. The meal was described as a chicken dinner! Oh forgot something I did have a large spoonful of thin watery gravy chucked over the chicken, my god it was bad. Should have realised mass catering for 250, even in a good hotel, doesn't work does it? Our big mistake.
Anyway, anyone of thinking of going I am sure it will be great fun for you girly groups but the hotel should advertise that as 247 to 3 men really doesn't wash, tiny little dance floor, we left after the main meal and didn't both with desert, as the night was appalling and we didn't want to risk the desert. Really sorry to sound so negative, great girly do, but not for couples. If you don't believe us have a go good luck. And by the way the dance floor could probably hold about 30 to 40 people at best, where they all danced after the meal god knows. Absolutely awful expensive experience, poor quality, if my wife served me a Sunday roast anywhere near what we both received that night, and by the way I can cook as well, I would have fed it to the dog and I think the dog would have complained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Wirral is only minutes from the M53 and is an ideal location from which to discover the Wirral Peninsula and all that North Wales has to offer. Then there's the historic Roman City of Chester in one direction, the bustling city of Liverpool in the other. Between them, they'll provide hours of fun and entertainment for all the family. Village Hotel Wirral has 117 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Wirral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devere Village Hotel And Leisure Club Wirral
- Village Hotel Leisure Wirral
- Village Hotel Bromborough