“Love love love this place :o)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nicola's Kitchen - CLOSED

Nicola's Kitchen
Cuisines: Cafe
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Love love love this place :o)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I frequent Nicolas kitchen as often as once a week, nothing is too much trouble and the food is simple yet delicious :o)

I absolutely adore the bacon and Brie sandwiches, inch thick soft fresh bread lashings of crispy bacon and wedges of thick creamy Brie. Chutney on the side for those who don't like it, fresh mixed salad and some crisps on the side. Just enough for those that are used to crisps with their butties!!!

The cakes are on another level altogether! Rocky road and tiffin are to die for and there is always a choice of at least 5 cakes. Served with a lovely choice of beverages.

Highly highly recommended :o)

• Visited May 2014

Wirral, UK
“Fabulous cakes and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Never disappointed with the cakes here and the service is second to none. Although I usually just opt for a cake and a cuppa, I have also tried the homemade soup on occasion, which is equally delicious and served with butter and a slice of freshly made bread so thick I can only call it a double 'doorstep'. Nicola is usually on hand to serve personally and she makes all the cakes herself; I have sampled most of them by now and I couldn't possibly pick a favourite. Brilliant value for money too; you get a huge pot of tea with a proper teacup and saucer and a big wedge of cake, served with cream and a few fresh strawberries or raspberries, which is a lovely touch.

The venue itself is a little small, but very cosy, with a real fire and a pretty vintage theme. Would be wonderful for a girlie afternoon nibble or as a little treat for your Mum or your Grandma. I haven't partaken of the afternoon teas served here personally, but I have it on good authority that they are fantastic. Well done Nicola and the team; keep up the good work :)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Helenhfj
Bromborough, United Kingdom
“Best afternoon tea EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Booked in for afternoon tea after seeing the 2 for 1 offer on Facebook. We were so impressed, we had bucks fizz, homemade cakes, sandwiches, a huge pot of tea and a scone with jam and cream to finish. We couldn't physically eat all the cake so we were allowed to take them home :-D Have been again since and it will definitely not be the last, I love this dinky little tea room. The girls that work in there are so friendly without being intrusive. Highly recommended!

Liverpool
“Lovely food in a quaint little Tea Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Really good home made food in a lovely little Tea Room at the back of Alex Bell's Gift Shop. All the cakes are home made and gorgeous and the Tea Room has an original range with a real fire. Really generous portions and lots of tea too. Lovely place I would recommend to anyone

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hoylake, United Kingdom
“Great little find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I treated my husband and son to afternoon tea at Nicola's Kitchen today, it was our first visit and we loved what we found. It is a quaint little place situated though an equally lovely gift shop.

We were served by Nicola herself who had freshly made our sandwiches and cakes. We had ample sandwiches and carrot cake, walnut cake and chocolate as well as a scone with jam and cream! We couldn't eat it all and Nicola boxed up the leftovers for us to take home. The service was attentive without being intrusive and the surroundings were lovely. It reminded me of my gran's kitchen, very welcoming and cosy. We will be revisiting soon.

• Visited September 2013