Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights while visiting family.
Well first the good stuff.
Its a bog standard Premier Inn. usual room, clean comfortable and well appointed.
Breakfast was good value for money. We had the full cooked option.
Staff were smiley and chatty.

Bad
We had room 11 which backs onto the rear of the kitchen of the attached pub. This had extractor fans on top which made a racket. We noticedit the moment we walked in. The windows were cheap double glazing and ill fitting so didnt stop it. We went straight to reception and raised the issue and were told there were no other rooms and the fans are switchedd off at 9pm. They're not. They went all night. I cant claim I didnt sleep but I wore ear plugs as did my wife.
I raised it again with staff as we checked out and was told oh they must have forgot. I pointed out that they cook until 11pm which was met with surprise. The area outside the kitchen is also used as a socialising area for the staff to chat. Also the room was near a staircase and everytime someone went up you heard every step bang.
Luckily we werent in the room too much and the secong night we can back late and sufficiently anaesthatised but I wouldnt stay again unless I was guaranteed another room.

Room Tip: Not 10 or 11
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Services at Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Does what it says on the tin really, you pretty much know what you get at Premier Inn and this hotel wasn't much different. Stayed here on bank holiday Monday and the hotel seemed very quiet. I was allocated room 25 but found this room very dark and depressing with a solid brick wall just feet from the window, so came straight out and was allocated an alternative room overlooking the car park and road - I doubt any rooms at this hotel have a particularly pleasant vista but then if you wanted a room with a great view you'd choose somewhere in the country or over the other side of the water overlooking the Mersey.

Food in the adjacent restaurant was good and very quick. Lovely cooked to order English breakfast with decent Cumberland sausages. So much nicer than the poor buffet affair you sometimes get with "cheap" hotels. Full marks to Premier Inn for this.

Only downside was that I simply could not get the shower to work so had a bath instead!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed in the hotel in March 2013, for a training event on the Wirral. Like some of the reviews state, the hotel is basic but it has a friendly atmosphere and the pub attached is good value for money and lots of choice (I had an £8 allowance per evening from my workplace) The only issue for me was noise! walls seemed paper thin and I had two particularly noisy Geordie lads above me one night! noise also came from outside my window as I was next to the place where they stored beer barrels!

Breakfast is provided in the pub and was very nice. All the staff are friendly and chatty, I would like to thank the lady who let me back into my room TWICE, after I forgot my key! She had a great sense of humour!

Room Tip: Beware of the noise from the barrel storage area!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Hotel was signposted off the main road, when I arrived in the car park it was signposted reception but the reception was no where on the Hungry Horse car park. I asked some people on the car park who told me to go back out on to the main raod. On arrival the receptionist was far to interested in a personal call she was making. I was given my room key and told where to go. The rooms were very old, dated, worn and dirty. I paid more for this room than one I stayed in earlier that week in Paignton which was fabulous. The shower was a trickle. I did use the restaurant attached Hungry Horse, the food was fab and arrived so quickly.
I wouldnt stay again at this Premier Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We are a retired couple, and spent a weekend in the area. We have used other Premier Inn hotels many times. This hotel is fairly small, and is reasonably decorated, but in need of a little TLC. The welcome was superb, and the room was exactly as we had pre-requested. TIP....go for rooms 22 - 25 which are upstairs, in the middle of the hotel and very quiet. Everything in the room was normal Premier Inn standard. TIP.....ensure the receptionist books you in for dinner. The restaurant is a Hungry Horse, and was very full and noisy. Without pre-booking by the receptionist we may not have been able to get a table. Breakfast at weekends finished at 10am. We went down at 9.15 on Monday to be told that breakfast finishes at 9am on weekdays. However the waitress and chef ensured that we had a full breakfast, staying on when it was our fault! That's what we call a true Premier Inn SERVICE. - That's why we stay at Premier Inn, NOTHING is too much trouble for the staff. To drive to Birkenhead Tunnel for Liverpool Waterfront took 10 minutes, very convenient for us. Overall - TOP Welcome and TOP MARKS.

Room Tip: Pre-book rooms 22/23/24/25. These are upstairs, centre of hotel, very quiet. The Hungry Horse restau...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank itsgreattobealive
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Myself and friends booked into the premier inn whilst we were down for a sporting event. From the moment we got their we were very warmly welcomed by Kim on reception. we had arrived particularly early, but our bags were stored for us whilst we waited in the bar for our rooms to become available. The bar has a really warm and frinedly atmosphere and great choice of good food. Drink prices are super cheap too. we spent saturday evening in the bar and had such a blast. there was a Dj playing and all the staff were friendly and helpful. this is the perfect hotel for a weekend away with friends, cheap and cheerful with excellent staff. Will definately be back.
A massive thanks to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013

very clean nice staff but needs updating looks very old rooms are big but it looks like the 80s pub next store ok you get what you pay for . meals are a good price but basic . if want a great premier inn go to widnes first class best by far .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
Sefton Park
Sefton Park Hotel
Sefton Park Hotel
#66 of 98 in Liverpool

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel? Share your experiences!