“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, couldn't ask more for a quiet nights sleep, the room was spotless, the reception staff were knowledgeable, overall a fabulous hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

As usual when away on business , I stayed at a Premier Inn . With confidence I find the nearest one knowing ,first and foremost it will be clean , with a lovely comfortable clean bed .
Arriving late at Bromborough ,just before 10pm , I was so looking forward to a drink and a bit of chill before going to bed . The person on duty at check in was helpful and most friendly , but I was a little sceptical about my surroundings , the former and entrance looked rather tired and a bit worst for wear . But hey ho , I kept up my optimism . Oh dear , dull dingy corridors , with chipped paint , electric plug in heaters on the wall that did not work and had seen far better days , dismal . My room on the ground floor which housed a vending machine that was virtually empty and remained so whilst I was there .
The room however was good , very clean the usual lovely white sparkling linen , an electric wall heater that worked . The TV was tiny , I would say about 19inches , much too small for the size of the room . The bathroom dated but again spotless . Seems so strange to have a press down handle on the loo , which was slightly corroded with lime scale , reason I think it is just old and needs replacing .
A drink before sleep ,. Off I trot to the Hungry Horse Pub adjoined to the Hotel . Pow , it was so noisy , with a live band ,partying , a few customers the worst for wear ,plus nowhere to sit . Here the bar staff were void of any smiles or greetings , more of 'what do you want '. I asked for no ice , I got ice . Daggers were drawn when I asked for it to be removed . The staff were tired , was the excuse I made for their lack of civility .
The door leading from the Hotel to the Pub , which is an interior door , was so badly chipped and dirty , it is a disgrace to Premier Inns .
I slept well , the restaurant for breakfast was clear of the previous nights shindig , and calm ensued . The breakfasts were good . One thing spoiled it was the hot water in the dispenser was like was luke warm , therefore no cup of tea . I told the waitress , the response was just a shrug of the shoulders and a 'oh' . No attempt to rectify the situation , and the second dispenser was empty .
The waiting staff at breakfast , were not the usual , welcome ,good to see you smiling staff , that are present in reception . No smiles , a bit grumpy I would say .
To reiterate , and in a nutshell . Reception staff faultless , the room good comfortable and spotless , shame about the tiny TV . The bathroom , spotless but ready for a refurb , chips in the sink , rickety handle on the loo . As to the rest of the hotel ,corridors and surroundings , all in in need of an immediate upgrade to maintain the usual standards .
Premier Inn please keep up your standards , don't let your customers down offering them second rate surroundings . It is taking them for granted , but believe me , a few more like Bromborough and I shall have to change my view of Premier Inns . Don't take your customers for granted that they will tolerate second rate . This one certainly will not .

Ps , room8 a no no . It faces a brick wall and is dismal .

Room Tip: Not room 8 l it is dismal and faces a brick wall .There is little natural light . Also it is on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank LindaC50
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

after reading some of the past reviews I was a bit apprehensive about staying here but it was above my expectations the staff were great and very friendly the only down side was the uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I and my family have recently returned from a 1 nights stay at Premier Inn Bromborough. The hotel is very nice in general. The hotel staff are very friendly and would go out of their way to help you.

The rooms are ok. Compared to other Premier Inn's however they might be a bit on he dated side. The room keys are not cards, they are keys. There is still the standard Premier Inn amenities such as a TV, tea and coffee facilities and very comfortable beds. The only complaint we had is that their were a couple of marks on the wall and some mould on the bathroom wall. Compared to several other Premier Inn therefore it is slightly dated, but this is not a problem and wouldn't stop us from staying there again.

The restaurant on the other hand is very lovely. It has been refurbished and is very nice. The food was very nice and we had a our own small booth which had a TV.

Overall, the stay was very nice. We have no complaints what so ever with anything with the hotel, it is just the rooms are a bit dated.

Thanks to all the staff who made our stay comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Simon E
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed here a few times over the last year and have always enjoyed My stay the rooms are big and beds very comfortable and found the staff very helpful especially Kim on reception who is a very pleasant girl .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rloy186525
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum whilst my Dad was undergoing surgery in Clatterbridge. The staff were so friendly and helpful, they really did go the extra mile. They often asked how my Dad was getting on and checked mum was OK. We were unsure how long we needed our room but this was not a problem for them to manage and when I came home and my brother came to stay with my mum they changed our twin room ready for him and made him welcome. The Hungry Horse attached to the hotel served good food and we soon got to know the staff who also delivered excellent customer service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Douglas, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Despite being a budget stay hotel, the staff at this hotel made it feel like a family run hotel, catering for every need. The attached restaurant served excellent hot food with friendly attentive staff. Having stayed for over a week the high standard was always there and I was never let down, the staff became even more friendly, as time passed. I will certainly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,112 reviews
Premier Inn Birkenhead Town Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thor...
#1 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Woodcote Hotel
Woodcote Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ellesmere Port

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel? Share your experiences!