Barton Villa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dukinfield
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night as we wanted a hotel close to the Etihad stadium for the Coldplay gig. Its about a 10-15 minute drive, with a taxi costing just over £10. We were welcomed into the hotel and shown to our room. It wasn't a massive room but we were not in it for long so it didn't need to be big. The room and en-suite were both very clean and tidy, and had all the amenities you would normally find in a hotel room apart from a hairdryer, but they are available from reception to borrow. Breakfast was served in the light conservatory, where cooked breakfasts were available with eggs cooked to order, cereals and fruit. It wasn't an extensive range but we found what we wanted. For the price and location, you really can't fault it. The staff were ever so friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here and would return if I was visiting the area again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just stayed one night for gig in Manchester and didn't want to pay Manchester hotel prices on a Sat night. £65 for a double room which was great, clean, fresh, good bathroom with shower enclosure and bath, samsung LCD wall mounted tv...couldn't ask for more. Breakfast is buffet style and very good. Taxi into Manchester about £20 or the train station is a 20 minute walk in Ashton which takes you straight into Victoria for £3 each one way. the building is lovely and everywhere is immaculate. Would 100% recommend.
I only have one minor bit of frustration, the breakfast staff whilst very pleasant where in my view a little over efficient, as soon as a cup goes empty or a plate is finished with it is taken away right away and there was a bit of clattering whilst we were having breakfast, by no means a reason not to stay but if the owner is looking at these comments to improve, just ask the smaller lady to let people relax a little, it was a sunny sunday morning and a 'chill' over breakfast would have been perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woody22
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I arranged a Golden Wedding reception here for my parents and about 45 guests - it was done at very short notice and it was PERFECT. Louise & Doreen couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating. They were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They put on a delicious buffet of hot and cold food, as well as running the bar and coming round with endless pots of freshly brewed tea all afternoon. All the guests had a wonderful time.

I also stayed there the night before. Again it was at very short notice but they found me a room which was spotlessly clean and very quiet. It isn't one that they normally use so it was a little dated but it had everything I needed; a large comfortable bed, plenty of wardrobe space, an en-suite bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities and a TV. I had a good nights sleep and a good, hearty breakfast in the morning.

I had a few hours to kill so Louise printed me off a map of nearby Ashton-under-Lyne town centre and I walked there in about 10 minutes. I had a good look around the bric-a-brac and farmer's market, as well as the local shops. On the way back I stopped by the canal & locks (which are just around the corner from the hotel), got chatting to some local fishermen and took a walk through the country park along the river, as far as the marina.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne-Marie C
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Baron Villa is in the industrial area of Dukinfield - it is run by an enterprising and go ahead yound woman who is very keen to give all od her guests a pleasant stay. The price is per room which includes breakfast - a double room is only £56.00.
Breakfast is plentiful with everything from cereal, dried fruits to fully cooked meal.
All of the rooms I have stayed in have are spacious, with a quiet decor and are scrupulously clean.
There is a bar and a comfortable lounge.
The hotel is gradually being re-furbished but many features from the Victorian era when the house was built are being retained.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Lovely hotel. Very nice lady on check-in who was on duty at breakfast as well. Breakfast very good and planty of it.
We stayed in the annexe as hubby is disabled and our room was on the ground floor. It was spotless, including the bathroom.
A real home from home

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed here,a family of 4 from January 8th-9th 2012 in the annexe, which I believe is the newest rooms in the building. The check in went nice and smoothly and we were shown straight to our room without any hassle. The room was spotless and looked like it had never been stayed in before. The furniture looked brand new and we had a lovely flat screen television and plenty of coffee and tea to keep us going. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in and I had the best sleep ever with no noise whatsoever. The bathroom was also spotless with a lovely hot shower and plenty of soft towels to go around. Breakfast was also delicious and plentiful with a quick efficient friendly service. This is about the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel and I will be back again when I'm in the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MissChampers
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I have stopped a couple of times when visiting friends in Dukinfield. Always found it spotless with very helpful staff and good breakfasts. OK, they do not show you to your room, but so what?? Last time we stayed we had a ground floor room in the main house. Great room, but a bit noisy especially with guests coming in from the pub in the early hours.

Room Tip: Annexe is quieter.