“ok but pricey when so much free things in area”
Review of Chuckles

Chuckles
Manchester, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“ok but pricey when so much free things in area”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Definitely a rainy day place. Kids do love it and had a fab party here but expensive when you are paying. Can get overcrowded and if weather is nice outside then it gets too hot and kids get ratty. Dukinfield park has a great playground and only up road from here and its free.

Visited November 2013

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Management determined to drive this into the ground”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with a previous reviewer who stated how unprofessional the management, yes the old guy, is whenever he has been on the premises. I have never had an issue with the place in the past but in the past few months he has been there on a number of occasions. He has an air about him that makes you feel like he is watching his staff and customers for all the wrong reasons. Even when kids have been throwing wooden bricks down the slides he has missed this because he appeared to be focussing upon whether customers were only buying food and sweets from him. Very intimidating.
We went today and although four tables had reserved on them for a party later on that afternoon he refused to allow us to sit at them until an alternate table became available. Instead he gave us our money back so we could go elsewhere. I've never in my life come across someone as arrogant who is supposedly supplying a service for children. We will not be taking our grandchildren there again and will be encouraging others to go elsewhere also, which is such a shame as the staff have always been friendly. His presence is even having a noticeable effect upon their demeanour.
There is certainly scope in the Dukinfield area for another of these to be set up as this one will be out of business in no time if this owner continues in this way. I would like to know also who monitors the health and safety of this play place? The owner informed us that even though the session was for two hours he couldn't stop people staying longer if they wanted to. This means that numbers in and out are not necessarily at an acceptable level. It was certainly overcrowded when we arrived and given the arrogance of the owner I wouldn't hesitate to report it if capacity was a legality.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Val P
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“walk near home”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just think good weather and quite place but beautiful place and I like to walk here exercise ...no where go near my home so, I like here need to back in a summer again :)

Visited December 2013
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good place to take the kids”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

My youngest son celebrated his 6th birthday here with his friends from school.

£10 per child (you pay for the number of children that turn up)
£1.75 for a coffee
£1.20 for a tea

Not bad value for money and the kids enjoyed themselves.

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The equipment is good for kids but the staff are rude and the menu choice is very limited.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The equipment in the centre is clean and seeing as though its just over 12 months old that's to be expected.

During the time it's been open the menu has changed and is not as good as it was originally. They have now taken some things off the menu so you now have limited options to choose from. (When asked if they had beans I was told they've been taken off the menu as 'kids' drop them onto the floor) they went to a lot of effort originally and since then it looks more like the food is slopped on a plate through a conveyer belt, no care is taken. You are also not allowed to take anything of your own with you.

Prices have increased alot since opening and you are charge for babies even though they can't use the equipment (I feel that this is disgraceful) I wonder if parents will be charged to use a seat next?? You are charged £1 for tap water...yes I said tap water.

I have had my daughters birthday party here and parents of the children who attended complained to me that the owner(older male) was rude to them when the party was coming to the end. I had previously not attended before then. Since going again after my daughters party i have had a few experiences with the staff that have made me realise that I won't be going again.
I also know a member of staff at chuckles and when I've told them about my few experiences with management being rude, I was told they are worse with the staff.

I have since spoken with parents on the school playground and some people who call into my place of work and have found out I'm not the only person who feels this way...I was very surprised to find out that there were quite a few that felt the same way.

Overall I will NEVER be going there again!

Visited September 2013